She's Home!!!!

n-mo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
She\'s Home!!!!

Well, after 12 years of being obsessed with vipers it looks like I finally have one. I picked her up Wednesday night in Chicago (I was considering stopping in at Fudruckers to meet the Chicago VCA, but it was getting late) and brought her back home to the Rockford, IL area. What an unbelievable car!!! It's a red '98 RT/10 with painted silver racing stripes, 36K miles, a corsa exhaust system and EXTREMELY clean - not a scratch on her. I have definitely been walking around with that "viper grin" for the past few days.

This has always been my dream car, growing up, my father was (and currently is) the director of sales for the company that produces the cam shafts for our wonderful cars. So I've grown up around them, driven them, seen them, and mainly drooled over them. What a dream come true.

I want to thank you guys for your forum which helped me greatly in the purchase. I've been browsing this place for about two years, just never posted anything as I was yet to actually be a viper owner.
By the way, if there is anyone in the Rockford, IL area that would like to meet up sometime I would be more than up for it, I'm already planning on attending the next VCA meeting in Chicago the first wednesday of next month. -And if anyone is going in from this way, we could cruise over together.

Now, I fully understand that this post is WORTHLESS WITHOUT PIC'S, however, my wife has the digital camera in her car and she's not home. I will get some up later today.

Also, my first question for you guys: The nearest gas station is generally $0.10 cheaper than everywhere else with a catch, the pump states "10% Ethanol Added" (still has the 93 octane however). Is it ok to put this fuel into the Viper? ... thanks in advance.

Nate

And, here it is, saving someone some trouble:
:needpics:

TSR6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: She\'s Home!!!!

Roscoe, IL?

I'm in Roscoe too. My dad has the yellow Viper that runs around this area. There is also a Silver one on 2nd street.

I'm actually driving down to a car show tonight in Morris if your interested...

syldogRT/10

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Congratulations on being a Viper owner! As a new owner myself I know the grin you speak of.

All the gas in my area has the 10% ethanol added. It is suppose to cut down on emissions. I believe it is sleted to be a requirement by the end of the summer. Word is, and I don't know if it's true, is that the ethanol burns faster and there for will reduce emissions, but you will also get WORSE gas mileage, but it should be safe for all cars that require premium fuel.

Have fun with your new ride, and as I'm sure you know this is a great forum for questions and answers! Be safe!

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Welcome.
Red is Fastest and SEXIEST!
Have fun, drive safe.

PICs!!!

GT40DOC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nate, see everyone knows that RED is FASTEST !!!! WELCOME to the "family". If you have been cruzin this board for 2 years, then you know how much knowledge and help is available here. Just go easy with your new "baby" as she can BITE you. Again, Welcome......Doc

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Red is not the fastest OR the sexiest. We all know black is where its at. You guys are just to afraid to get black because its hard to keep clean but secretly you love black. Don't deny it.
I'm in southern illinois next to st.louis. welcome to the family. hurry up and post some pics.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"...and mainly drooled over them...". I guess your new ride will be "spit" polished from now on. :2tu: CONGRATS!!!

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Welcome. By definition....Blue is the fastest color. Even the Viper Wizard is wearing blue! Case closed.

ViperCrazed

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Does anyone actually know how fast/slow a black Viper is? Im only 19 and I already see the light :headbang:

Black cars are stealthy :) No one knows how fast they are goin :)

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Does anyone actually know how fast/slow a black Viper is? Im only 19 and I already see the light :headbang:

Black cars are stealthy :) No one knows how fast they are goin :)

Another young fellow. Welcome.

OP
OP
N

n-mo

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Here they are!
9131100_2920-med.jpg

9131100_2925.jpg

9131100_2922-med.jpg

9131100_2923-med.jpg

9131100_2924-med.jpg

9131100_2919-med.jpg

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

HEy you have my stripes on your car lol. They look good almost as good as they do on my Black Viper :)
not many people have the 1/8" pin stripe on each side of their stripes. Awesome looking Rt/10

OP
OP
N

n-mo

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Thanks for the comments/compliments guys! -and the ethanol answer.

Yeah, I love the 1/8'' pin stripe on the side, I feel like it completes the look...

Looking at that picture from the side, my first mod has got to be to lower her down a bit with some good Eibach springs. Well, that and the 2'' seat lowering -I'm 6'4'' (anyone have a set they want to sell before I order one up from partsrack?)

Troy: What year is your dad's viper?- I still have yet to see one in the area.

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i was looking at buying that car also. What did you end up getting her for if you dont mind saying?

TSR6

Enthusiast
Reaction score

n-mo - it's an '01.

There are a couple floating around the area. I don't see them very often though - and I've never seen one while in dad's car. Always while I'm in my truck.

OP
OP
N

n-mo

Viper Owner
Reaction score

03SRTVTEN00GTS -

Thanks for the invite... not sure if I can go, but...as for this pm thing I did receive the first one from "supercharged vipermad" when I registered -and none since. I checked my settings in the profile section and I should be able to receive them. Anyone have any ideas? I mean lets be real here, I gotta have my pm.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Many states run 10% ethanol in the smoggy winter months...some smoggy communities now run it year round.

It actually keeps your fuel system cleaner, but it is harder on any/all rubber parts. I wish Tom H (FLOGoR) would comment...he is a walkin BIBLE on this stuff.

NICE LOOKING CAR, and I have always liked the augmented side-stripes YEAH, AUGMENTATION for ALL ! You can tell its my GTS on PlayStation Test Drive 5 by the augmented stripes and white wheels!

Sam 01 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good looking car. I see you are also a F-body guy. I've had eight of 'em, and now I'm on my second Viper. Welcome to the madness.
:)

OP
OP
N

n-mo

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Well, I did have the fbody as a temporary fix to my viper craving (it... kind... of sufficed). I'm selling it now, I have to get something to drive in the winter/everyday and not to mention, that car is definitely feeling the cold shoulder.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Very nice looking Viper. Stunning pics. :eek: Got a 6 cyl F-body as a daily driver and for winter also. Enjoy and congrats.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas