Shift light

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have also been looking around at shift lights. I think this one looks to be about the best I have found and is compatible with the V10:

http://www.hightechspeed.com/products/shiftlight/prod_desc.asp

If I remember right, I think Mike Brunton here on the msg board is connected with this company.

I have also been looking for a way to setup a launch window light and it seems like the dual LED version could be setup for something like this since one of the LEDs can be setup to turn on when under a set RPM.

--- Ken

Black Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The High Tech Speed Shiftlight is a very nice piece. My only complaint is that the mounting piece is pretty much useless. My shiftlight is always sliding out of the mounting piece. The light itself works great and is easy to see, not to mention you really cant beat their price.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MoJo,

Email me and I will hook you up

[email protected].

BlackSnake,

I have a couple of things we could do in order to maybe solve the problem for you - I can't connect "Black Snake" with a name, but if you email me too I can send you a few things that you can try to see if they are preferable in your app.

Thanks guys

P.S. We recently redesigned this product - added some features and more filtering on the input so it will work with more vehicles without adjustment, also made the wires longer, included caps for the housing, etc, etc, etc. If anyone has an older unit and is a Viper owner, I would be happy to upgrade you to the newest one at no charge.

P.P.S I have chrome housings coming in about 4 weeks for the extra bit of "bling bling" :)

MR VENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did. Got Scotty's side louvers, CA Chrome wheels, TON'S of Zaino, poser supreme. If the "shift" light.....lights your fire, go for it. Welcome to the "poser" crowd. We are not alone. LOL.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Proform has an adjustable one in Summit for $50. DC wants less than $7 for a new upper half to the turn signal/4way hazard cover behind your steering wheel..two screws hold the halves together. You can mount it there on a GenII. Don't dismiss it so fast as a poser item..(!) There's alot to concentrate on when powering through 3 or 4 gears without having to find and follow a small tach needle whizzing around the face : ) I'm going to order one myself; had one on my '94RT..it's GREAT!

DChan415

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Mike, can I place an order for the shift light directly from you? I want one of your R1 tail light kits too.

Do your shift lights work on rotary engines?

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that I had an early version of the light from Mike. The design looked cool however the brackets were cheap. I had Chuck install the light. First the light was not bright so I could not see it during the day and later stayed on all the time. So I had to pull it out. Now I have a nice hole in my dash from the wires.
I can't say anything bad about Mike since he offered to give me a refund plus a new unit plus pay for re-install. I just did not want him to lose his shirt on that deal so I took the refund. I just wish that there were more vendors like that. I would 100% buy from him again.

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use Mike's dual shift light setup for both my shift light, and for my nitrous rpm window switch...It works bad ass, and I don't have to buy additional "chips" like on the MSD box, no need to send it off, it works on our V10's right outa the box...and I can set the window switch in 10 rpm increments...Programing takes all of about two seconds...

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald,

I just got Mike's light.....I also would like to use it to control my NX setup.

Can you please provide some more details into what you did to make it work??

Thanks!!!

Richard K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The High Tech Speed site says it's out of stock, and I may be missing something, but I don't see it on any of the dealer links.