Shipping wheels/tires to CalChrome

Venom08

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, I'm finally getting around to have my H-Spokes chrome plated. I plan to ship them out tomorrow to CalChrome. I just wondered what value I should insure them for with UPS. Do you guys have any idea? Thank you.....

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
$3,000 to $4,000 .................isn't that what it would cost you to replace them?

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A LOT. I think each rim could go for over 1G a piece if not more. :omg: I believe a set of SRT 5 spokes go for $5900.00 new.

OP
OP
V

Venom08

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I am going to insure them for $2000 per package. So, $8000 total for the rims and tires, to be on the safe side................

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fed ex actually lost a rear rim on me. I was shipping from Canada to California, the tracking number shows it went missing in Boston. I found a used one for $900 and everything turned out okay in the end. But it is a fight to get money out of them, they spent a month looking for it before they would admit it was missing. I am sure it is someones coffee table now..

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I am going to insure them for $2000 per package. So, $8000 total for the rims and tires, to be on the safe side................

Why ship the Tires? Costs almost double to ship the rubber Trans-USA.

Are you having the SRT letters done up in RED or ?? Reasonable and **** add on, coordinates w/ Calipers.
Pic Below.... HEY, JonB Posted a PIC, on a MONDAY !

They can also do the FANGS CenterCaps in a color-inlay...

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
V

Venom08

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am sending the tires too so they can mount, balance, and fill them with nitrogen for me. To be honest I don't trust any of the local shops to do this! I thought about the "colored" letters, but to be honest I don't know how the bright red would look with the Venom Red. I wish the calipers matched the car, then I would do it for sure. I"m not sure how it would look if I did the letters Venom Red either cause then it would not match the calipers....

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Do you think your RED CALIPERS clash with your Venom Red car? I have a customer with a VIOLET car and Red letters wheels, he gets tons of compliments. The lettering really makes the wheels POP with the red caliprs behind....

I do think that Cal-C has SOB colors that would be very close to VenomRed Marooney, for rim and/or caps. Or, How about BLACK letters? Charcoal? They go with anything and add dimension.

In any case, you wheels will be stunning. and Nitrogen is a great fill esp on STORED wheels

OP
OP
V

Venom08

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah, I do think that the red on the calipers clash a little with the Venom Red Paint. Black letters might be something to think about though. I have heard alot about CalChrome and have looked at several pictures of wheels on this site that they have done, so I can't wait to see how mine turn out!