Should I Purchase an 08 Or a 09 Viper?

als 08 viper acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are trying to decide whether to purchase a 2008 Viper or wait for 2009 since you think the 2009 Viper may have more HP to equal or beat the ZR1 my opinion is purchase the 2008.

I have read in a prior article that Chrysler is using the sales of the 2008 Viper as a determining factor to continue or not continue the program. If you want the Viper program to continue to the next redesign phase (2010) I would suggest you purchase a 2008.

I am purchasing a 2008 Viper ACR although the 2009 could have 75 more HP. However, I don't consider it a major consideration. Getting 75 more HP out of a Viper Would not be a major problem. Besides, hopefully Dodge will be selling the 75HP package as included on the Grey Viper Concept which turned out to be the current ACR.

Any comments regarding this topic would be appreciated.

Al

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who the hell knows what the 09s will have. Probably EXACTLY what the 08s have. I highly doubt a HP increase...

So if anyone is contemplating that whole "should I wait" bs.. then they are morons, becaue its a never ending battle, there will always be a fast one in the next model release.. but you'll be missing out on what the current one offers if your always waiting..

Nope, I bought an 06 knowing that 07 was not going to have anything and 08 was going to be something newer and faster.. but I didnt want to wait 2 years.. so in 09/10 I might consider buying another one.. but for now, I say if you dont have one, get the newest one they have now...

Speculation is for stock brokers.. and in this market (least the last few weeks), no one has it figured out !!

Jon

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should read and follow this board more before typing a post like that. I have a feeling you are not going ot get many positive repsonses. Honestly, just a dumb post.

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only reason I would consider an 09 (or maybe a late 08) is to wait out development or production problems as well as let the market settle so the prices cool down.

OP
OP
A

als 08 viper acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should read and follow this board more before typing a post like that. I have a feeling you are not going ot get many positive repsonses. Honestly, just a dumb post.

I am sorry but when you critize a post without an explanation you
seem to have a DUMB Reponse. If you have reasons for your response, please explain.

I have been following this forum for a month & don't know what I missed.

For your info, I have had a 03 Viper since May of 2003

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sorry but when you critize a post without an explanation you
seem to have a DUMB Reponse. If you have reasons for your response, please explain.

I have been following this forum for a month & don't know what I missed.

For your info, I have had a 03 Viper since May of 2003

Alrighty then......................................

Wait for it...................................:eater: :eater:

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Remember.....with the factory "bolt ons', the new car can have a "conservative" 675hp.......why wait for something that probably won't happen any differently in 09.