Sick of the rain

Photo pro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every day, all it does is rain. Just when I think it's time for a little drive...BAM! It rains again.

This is worse than storing it in the winter time.

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haven't you guys in GA just come out of a seven year drought or something? Believe me, here in Ohio we get more than our share of rain so I can sympathize.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GA and upstate SC WERE in a drought two years ago. Last year and this year we've been drenched. Not as bad as the guys in Houston though.

I drive in the rain, every day. I just need to get the car on a lift after this is over and detail the entire underside of the snake. Although, when doing my last oil change, the bottom of the engine was SPOTLESS! No oil drips, no road crap, nuthin. It was still beautiful semi-shiny aluminum (at 12000 miles!)

cayenne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been raining every day for over two weeks here too in New Orleans. Man, ground is so saturated that if a hurricane even thinks about coming close to us...the city will go under water...

Just curious...why are so many of ya'll afraid of driving your Viper if it is raining? I assume most everyone with an RT/10 has a top for it...and as I understand it...with newer tires, sliding around isn't a problem any more?

Just curious why a little rain would keep you from driving your car?

cayenne :rolleyes:

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My sympathies, as well. I used to live in Spain, away from the plain, and little rain. I'd be happy w/less rain here in the Ohio Valley.

Frank Barefield

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't enjoy driving the car in the rain because the windows are up, the top is on, one can't hear the exhaust as well and the car is getting road grime on it which must be cleaned off. I also don't think the wipers work especially well. I prefer to keep the car very clean at all times and not driving it in the rain makes cleanup easier. ;) I prefer to drive my 03 SL500 on those bad days. :D

OP
OP
P

Photo pro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a thought...with all of this water...maybe I should drop the V10 into a Bayliner, just for the thrill of it.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish I had that kind of problem instead of figuring out how to fit the wife and kid into the Viper.

Pantera

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here in Dallas it is not much better. Guess it is good I have a WRX. It is still fun. Hope the weather stays clear this weekend!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheHunter