Side Exhaust Coversion

jordan01GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am wanting to do a side Exhaust conversion, But I have a few questions. I already have a 3" corsa catback, can I modify it or should I sell it and buy something else? Cats or no cats, I am leaning toward no cats, what is the best way to keep from not getting a Check engine light, and I need it to pass emissions. What exhaust has the best sound for this conversion? I like the sound of my catback? anyone have a side conversion that want a catback?

triblk6spd

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My side exhaust system is for sale and I am looking for someone to trade for a Corsa. Check my add in the classifieds.
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Once I did headers, the no cat thing makes my ears ring after even a short drive. It sounds badass, but it beats my ears up. I'm thinking of doing cats for smell/emissions/noise reasons.

R

RTED

Before you go through the trouble and expense of HF cats for noise reduction, you may want to research the following made by VORTEX (Jegs Catalog):
The Vortex Insert Cone, installed near the exit of the header collector or muffler outlet, provides a large friction area to reflect and dissipate sound energy, thus reducing the dB level. Because no significant backpressure has been introduced, the engine is still able to use the scavenge ability of a good header to create horsepower and torque. Dyno and track testing show significant noise reduction with little or no power loss. Sold individually.

100% T-304 Stainless Steel Construction
Compact Size Fits All Racing Applications
Easy Bolt In Installation

These made a significant difference in noise reduction to my Roe performance side exhaust. In stalled them in the end of the muffler just prior to the turnout.

triblk6spd

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I added a set of Vortex cones to my conversion. I noticed almost no diference in sould reduction. At almost $160 for the pair, not money well spent. On the other hand I added a set of 3" in/out Moroso Spiral flows and the sound suppression was MUCH better. At just over $100 for the pair, money well spent. Btw I would not want to hear my system w/o the cats, I am quite sure it would be way too loud for most people.

Bluvenm97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I added a set of Hushpower Pro Series mufflers into my conversion - it made all the difference in the world. I also have Random Tech high flows installed. Before the mufflers, I was using the SRT-10 Corsa track exhaust, and the sound was killing me ..

The Hushpowers fit pretty tight in the sills, but they do fit and have not caused any problems. The car now is everything I wanted it to be --- and the kids get a kick out of it when I start it up and the leaves go flying away from both sides of the car like the parting of the Red Sea :2tu:

GT40DOC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also used the Hush Power mufflers, behind stock cats, and am very pleased with the look and sound.