Side Exhaust on a GTS

GT40DOC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am fairly new to this forum but not new to cars. I tried to look back and see if this question had been asked and answered, but found nothing. So, here goes. I have a 97GTS and am "old school" and love side pipes. Will a Gen 1 set of rocker panels and turn outs fit a Gen2 with no mods? I don't want to make a lot changes to the body. I have, so far, added a Borla cat back ,K&N's,and smooth tubes. I dressed up the interior with a bit of "shiny" and it just keeps getting better. Thank you in advance.

Doc

Joe Dozzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen I rocker panel bolt right up! I had these on my car for a little over 4 years, love the look but got tired of the extra noise.

See my pic...

137DSC00331-med.JPG

Cal Cobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I remember seeing the GTS when it was a concept car at the Los Angeles auto show in 1993, and they had the side exhaust sills, but they were capped off and the exhaust ran thu the back. It still looked kick a$$ IMO, even though it was non-functional.

I wouldn't mind doing that, even though some might call it a poser mod :)

Cal

OP
OP
G

GT40DOC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanx a lot!!! That is exactly what I wanted to know. I am very impressed with the VCA and the people willing to help. I made a gooood move buying a Viper and a GREAT move joining the VCA !

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did it and have had it now for 3 years, I am running High flow cats, and the Corsa track side exhaust system and love it.
4168car_show_037-med.jpg

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 98 that I converted to side exhaust with gen 1 side sills. I just converted back and the sills are for sale. pm me if interested