Side Sill Stone Guards, Pre-Order Information!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We are getting there guys, a little over half-way to the point where we will start production.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Guys!

FIVE MORE ORDERS
, and we have met the magical number for going ahead.

So if you are on the fence waiting, get your orders in and I can get this rolling on MONDAY!

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Come on guys, we are soooooo close here.

Machine shop is currently drawing up the CAD file and producing the first prototype to final check fitment...

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forgive me if I am jumping in late and this question (I read the entire thread) has already been answered.... ~ will these fit a Gen II? :dunno:

:usa:

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just a quick note, we hope to be able to offer these in a Carbon Fiber variant as well very soon. Of course, this option will be offered to those who have already pre-ordered the standard versions. The price will be considerably higher, likely in the ~450-550 range.

Please notify me in one way or the other if you have already placed your pre-order, and would opt for the Carbon version instead *IF* it is to be become available soon. Order will of course stay defaulted at the standard versions. Don't worry however, even if it is a future product, those who placed pre-orders will get a reasonable credit back towards the CF variant if they should so choose, even if using the Std. version in the mean time. Luckily it is an easy installation, so no big deal either way.

Lastly, if anyone is interested ONLY in a CF variant and has not yet purchased a standard type, drop a note on this thread saying so, or send me a PM.

Last edited:

hd13

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered a set but would like to see a few pics of CF set and how it looks.

Cheers,

H

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I ordered a set but would like to see a few pics of CF set and how it looks.

Cheers,

H

That's not a problem. I plan to make about ~40 Std. Sets and ~10 CF Sets towards the end of the first run to see how things will work out on layout and cut. Hopefully that will satisfy anyone who might want to change their mind, but I would like to get a better idea of the "maybe" people first so that I dont end up with a poor proportion of the two options.

The goal here is to match the stone guards, both Front and Rear when available, to the rear CF diffuser blades that we will also be making.

Lastly, I have another two ideas cooking up in my mind for items on the front/sides of the cars out of matching CF... so keep your eyes open! The whole notion is to make a matching package that is not over the top, and looks correct on these cars. I even have a few under-the-hood ideas, I will have to wait and see how that pans out.

I think you will all like the result of my brain being in OverDrive.

Hmm.... I might have to make extra parts for the VOI-11 trip, eh?

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Dan,
Put me as a possible upgrade to CF.

Are we still waiting on 5 more people?

Thanks,
Lance

No problem.

I am hoping that the last 5 will fill in as we wait for production to start rolling... but as it stands right now we are moving forward.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sure would be nice to see something for a Gen 1 & 2. A company makes really nice ones for Vettes (same color as car) and they blend in perfectly. It would be nice to see the same for a Gen 1&2 Vipers. Sick of the rock chips.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sure would be nice to see something for a Gen 1 & 2. A company makes really nice ones for Vettes (same color as car) and they blend in perfectly. It would be nice to see the same for a Gen 1&2 Vipers. Sick of the rock chips.

G1 and G2 dont have much to mount to, and they have factory applied tape in these areas. As a result, I highly doubt they would sell very well for that application. It surely would involve drilling, and most people would deem it unneeded for that application... overall, not making a good business case for the long term. You never know though, I might be able to whip something up one of these days if I can figure out a design that works and looks good. G3/G4 is top priority at the moment though, if they sell well, then I will move onto other variations.

Thats not to say in the mean time that G1/G2 guys cant drop me a PM on the subject, I suppose if I got enough of a demand, I would put more time into it.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
order placed..sorry took so long but i need to look at the other forums besides srt more often

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hope to get these things shipping by the end of the month at the latest!

Also, just another FYI, if anyone is interested in the Carbon Fiber version of these due out shortly after the first release and you have already placed an order, simply log into the website, and go to your order page. On that page, there is a comment/update box, simply mention that you are interested in possibly changing to the CF versions. Otherwise, all orders will default to the Standard Black type.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just a quick Update.

All orders are being processed, and added to our system from the website. Material is being purchased, and production is a definite GO.

Anyone who has noted an interest in CF parts will have that notated on their orders. If you would like to add this notation or I somehow miss you, just let me know. If you change to CF, your current order will function as the CF parts deposit.

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Dan!

I can't wait to get these, even though my car probably won't move until Spring...:dunno:

WHOSNEXT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a quick Update.

All orders are being processed, and added to our system from the website. Material is being purchased, and production is a definite GO.

Anyone who has noted an interest in CF parts will have that notated on their orders. If you would like to add this notation or I somehow miss you, just let me know. If you change to CF, your current order will function as the CF parts deposit.

Shipping date?

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dan - is the CF approximately the same weave and finish as the canards, wing and splitter on the ACR? I'm thinking a set of these might go really well on my ACR if the material looks the same as the stock material.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Dan - is the CF approximately the same weave and finish as the canards, wing and splitter on the ACR? I'm thinking a set of these might go really well on my ACR if the material looks the same as the stock material.

Hello Martin,

Yes, that is what we were going for. Your choice of either Matte or Gloss finish.

[Pricing is still not 100%, as we will be running these AFTER the Std. versions.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187