Silver or Red Vert?

rtalex

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Just looking for yalls opinion. I am looking into getting a 2004 or 2005 Vert and I have found some great deals on a few silver and red vipers. I prefer Yellow, but I cannot find one for the same price. So, since I have no patience I am just gonna go for a Red or Silver. Which color do you guys prefer?

nishboo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No love for the red?

Here is a pic of mine...

You must be registered for see images

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whatever strikes your fancy! Can't go wrong with ANY COLOR, it's a VIPERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
Congrats, and hey, let us know what and when you get it!!! ~juli

dragon rider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All Viper colors look great. I just prefer red. Silver is more exclusive though.

thehouseofpower

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely red (and I’m not just saying that because I want to sell my red convertible). In all seriousness though, if you really like yellow, I think it would be worth getting what you really want?

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Silver and red are both good choices if you cant find a yellow in your price range. It would be a hard one for me, but I think I'd go with silver.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say silver if I had to choose between the two but everyone else makes a good point. DON'T SETTLE! Get what you want. It will be way more worth it to you in the end. There are a lot of good deals out there...you just have to keep looking :D

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
+ 1 for RED:2tu:

.pause......NOT!!!!

Silver
You must be registered for see images attach

Sandy G

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I deceided to get my Viper, I was sure it had to be yellow! So, I called Bill P. at Woodhouse and I had a yellow beauty delivered very soon. I have never been sorry. I got what I want from a dealer everyone trusted. If it cost a little more, I paid for long term happy! Don't settle and than wish you would have waited and paid a little more.......GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!:headbang:

ryan94rt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
also don't the gen 2 silver cars yellow around the hot exhuast areas...i don't know if the srt's do the same...someone else could step in on this...if they do...go with red...but i agree, if you can afford a red or silver one...wait a little while or take out a loan and get the yellow...if not you will be upset a few years later when you could afford a yellow one!

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blue was not offered until 06 and will be more money. More importantly if you are are looking at 04 or 05 be aware the warranty is much better on 04. I'm pretty sure that was the last year they offered the 100k powertrain warranty.

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The first Srt10 I went to look at was Silver. Car looked great in the sun light. My wife liked it. But I always thought if I bought a Viper it was going to be red. So I ended up buying a Red one sight unseen just because the silver didn't sell me. I'm personally not a red car fan but red Vipers are where it's at.

OP
OP
R

rtalex

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The first Srt10 I went to look at was Silver. Car looked great in the sun light. My wife liked it. But I always thought if I bought a Viper it was going to be red. So I ended up buying a Red one sight unseen just because the silver didn't sell me. I'm personally not a red car fan but red Vipers are where it's at.

I can relate to you, see Red cars arent really my first choice, but I think it will stand out much more than silver. But this is a Viper, it is much different than getting a red vette. I am leaning towards Red for sure, but im seriously debating spending a bit more for a yellow one. Yellow Viper with black wheels look amazing to me.

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to Motor Trend a couple of years ago, silver is the most popular color for automobiles now. So silver will blend in. Like you, I thought silver and red were my choices as 05 and newer were typically more expensive. And it seems that red was cheapest. I waited and got the deal on a color I wanted. I'm glad I did. Yellow for your price point is out there, you just have to look harder. They're not at every dealership.:cool:

OP
OP
R

rtalex

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Silver looks great in those pics - I am just worried that it will blend it a bit too much. The more I look at the red, the more I like it - but dammit yellow looks awesome lol

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I say wait for the yellow since that was what you said you really wanted. :D
Silver looks great in those pics - I am just worried that it will blend it a bit too much. The more I look at the red, the more I like it - but dammit yellow looks awesome lol

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Red.

My red one's been over 40,000 - I'm not sure a silver one will go that far.....

OR whatever YOU like best!!

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Red for sure.

Silver disappears as stated above.