Silver or White Stripes

Wayne Finch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm biased but I like the silver better - little more subtle. (or how about a lighter snakeskin as pictured on the White SRT at Viper vs. Viper

OP
OP
B

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna do the white. More of an "in your face" look! I didn't buy a Viper to be subtle! :laugh:

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like any other style accent, it depends on what you want your car to look like.
White stripes really scream out (Racecar!).
Silver stripes look a bit more classy to me, but it depends on that car color.
With red Vipers, both white and silver stripes look very good.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Silver, it is not a final edition. I looked into stripes and I was told this shop in Irving did custom work. Defratus :usa:

OP
OP
B

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Defratus is REALLY expensive! They charged my friend $1000 to do vinyl stripes! I'm out on that! Oh, I know it's not a Final Edition, but it's not a striped car either. That doesn't mean I can't put stripes on it, now does it? :laugh:

S

SUN RA KAT

Don't forget your roots - <font color="yellow">YELLOW! YELLOW! YELL OH! </font> stripes would bring SHOCK and AWE! :usa:

Dixter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it was mine I'd get the silver stripes.... but I'd make them the comp coupe
style. Those are some cool stripes. :eek:

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went thru this Same decision a while ago...silver or white??? I had only ever seen a red/silver gts before....so I made plans to visit a dealer who had the both color combos. FE and red/sil. As I entered the showroom floor, I was TAKEN away by the red/white.....Never looked back, and I MADE the right decision. Big Difference. Go Red/White...you will not be disapointed!!! The Red/White is Bold, ****, classy, awesome and Standout!!! And has 15 more HP than the Red!

Best of Luck, Dave!

Eliminator

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many poeples opinions do you need to do this! White or silver! SILVER! The only way to fly. Only kidding on the other stuff because you gave me cr#p about my earlier post. Good luck.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'd go white. The question I have is why vinyl vs painted stripes? I believe painted stripes are $1500-2000. Wouldn't the vinyl tend to peel, crack, tear over time?

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Defratus is REALLY expensive! They charged my friend $1000 to do vinyl stripes! I'm out on that! Oh, I know it's not a Final Edition, but it's not a striped car either. That doesn't mean I can't put stripes on it, now does it? :laugh:

Gary quoted me around $1400 to paint which to me seemed quite respectable. If you want vinyl save some $$$ and do it yourself. I believe from factory it is 3 grand, so I thought that was a good deal especially when one considers his experience and the results he has achieved with previous cars he had done. He also had done a Gen II with the Comp Coupe stripes that really made the car quite unique. Good luck. :usa:

OP
OP
B

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With as little time as my car will be spending outside, the vinyl will last a long time. If I get tired of them or decide I like silver better, I peel them off. I don't know how impressed I am with Defratus's paint work. I saw a car that he did a couple of years ago, and it had trash ALL in the paint. It honestly looked like it was painted in someone's dirty garage. That's only one example, so they may not all look like that, but that's all I have to go by.