So do GTS's get more attention than SRT's?

EFI-1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I personally like the SRT interior build quality better than the GTS, but as I mentioned...if it's one or the other, I gotta give the GTS the thumbs up.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Having had both and enjoyed all of them, the simple answer is they all get way, way more looks than a Vette.

My Black and Silver GTS got tons of looks when I had it, but the SRT10 I have now, with the chrome roll hoops and the carbon speedster cover, gets an unbelievable amount of attention at car shows - even surprises me. I think there are alot of folks out there that just flat love the Snake, and it is hard to be subjective if you own a specific model.

That said, if I had my choice I would have a 08 and up , 600hp Coupe in my garage -- obviously that is a car I don't have.

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been out with both at the same time. My wife drives the other one and we trade off. It seems to completely depend on the day which one gets more attention. We factored in the drivers as well. It seems wife in ACR gets the most attention of all other variables.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wife in either would cause me to look. I think it's an amazment thing though. That Leslie and the other Viper girls here run their own cars is amazing to me. One of the older VCA Alberta members was kinda normal crazy (or slightly more?). Then I got told that his wife is crazier than he is. LMAO

More power to the ladies! I think the difference between the GTS and ACR is the SSG.

Ted

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For me it's..

1.gen2 rt10
2.gen3/4 coupe
3.GTS
4.gen3/4 vert
5.gen1 rt10 (I just hate the plain hood)

But their is just so much more too it..people also think a car is so awesome ect. because of the power/performance...

At only 450 crank HP and a 116-120 1/4 mile speed the GTS just isnt "that" impressive any more to the 20 year olds....Honestly a LS3 vette with it's 436 HP and 114-118 mph speeds is a lil to close for a 45K car..

Then their are many things about the gts that look dated...

The 118-122 mph gen3 srt10 is still pretty fast and the lights ect. look more modern..Also the 510 HP label also helps a lot..

They all are amazing and very rare vehicles and I guarantee you that all of us in all our differant year vipers have people coming up and asking questions ect..

I had a red 99 rt10 and a 2003 red srt10...my buddy has a red 97 GTS...We went cruising around quite a bit and it really just depended on who you talked to as to what they liked better...

me personally...SRT10 all day.....But if i didnt know about the 1/4 mile times or HP or what the interiors looked like or the handling and brakeing and soley had to go off of exterior looks and nothing else....Then I would pick the GTS over the SRT10 vert...

But since I do know about all that stuff after owning a gen 2 and a gen3....Well I bought another gen3

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ANY viper gets a lot of attention in my neck of the woods. However, I think the GTS is more recognizable to most. Especially the classic B/W or red GTS.

Lets not forget the original Gen1 guys. The local Gen1 owners around here get a lot of love as well.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, first thing people comment about when they see a GTS is it's lousy 1/4 mile time compared to a riced out Civic...LOL. :rolleyes:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For me it's..

1.gen2 rt10
2.gen3/4 coupe
3.GTS
4.gen3/4 vert
5.gen1 rt10 (I just hate the plain hood)

But their is just so much more too it..people also think a car is so awesome ect. because of the power/performance...

At only 450 crank HP and a 116-120 1/4 mile speed the GTS just isnt "that" impressive any more to the 20 year olds....Honestly a LS3 vette with it's 436 HP and 114-118 mph speeds is a lil to close for a 45K car..

Then their are many things about the gts that look dated...

The 118-122 mph gen3 srt10 is still pretty fast and the lights ect. look more modern..Also the 510 HP label also helps a lot..

They all are amazing and very rare vehicles and I guarantee you that all of us in all our differant year vipers have people coming up and asking questions ect..

I had a red 99 rt10 and a 2003 red srt10...my buddy has a red 97 GTS...We went cruising around quite a bit and it really just depended on who you talked to as to what they liked better...

me personally...SRT10 all day.....But if i didnt know about the 1/4 mile times or HP or what the interiors looked like or the handling and brakeing and soley had to go off of exterior looks and nothing else....Then I would pick the GTS over the SRT10 vert...

But since I do know about all that stuff after owning a gen 2 and a gen3....Well I bought another gen3

Twister, if I had to choose/compare a Viper to a different car and I wasn't allowed to choose the couple years that the Z06 was actually 500hp - I'd choose Challenger SRT8, then Jeep SRT8, not a base vette. Base vette = poser.

If I had to choose offbrand then I'd choose a Shelby GT500.

All fiction, because I modify all my cars and the Gen 2 Viper is easiest to modify and make huge power. Stock 96-99 is a 600rwhp/644rwtq with a $8,000 Roe sc & w/m. Similar dyno numbers for a Paxton except less power under 5,000rpm. Besides looks, handling, braking, history, etc. that's what makes these cars so desireable to me.

This is actually a good thread and it's interesting to read people's reasonings for their taste. I think mostly HUMANS find the car they like and then make up the reasons for liking that particular car. Some people had bad experiences with other cars and that is often reflected in their choices (I had lots of bad GM experiences and it shows).

Ted

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:drive:

:headbang:

0141.JPG

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:D WHAT a question :dunno: LOOK!

Attachments

• DSC_0020small.jpg
    DSC_0020small.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 39

Red Devil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think All years of the Vipers can be eye catching. Depends on the car and color sometimes. ALL Vipers turn heads. As far as the LS-3 Corvettes 436HP performance. Yes the Vette runs almost as well as the 1997 stock Viper but does NOT have the looks or the exotic reputation. NEW vettes are 60k. The 30-40k viper GTS is still a head turner and will always be.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, first thing people comment about when they see a GTS is it's lousy 1/4 mile time compared to a riced out Civic...LOL. :rolleyes:

To the 20 year olds it is really broken down into segments...

-A 105-110 mph car is a entry level border line fast car (C5 vettes..GTO's)

-Then the 110-115 mph car are the kinda fast cars (C5Z06 2003 cobra)

-Then you get your fast cars at 115-120 mph (GTS and GTR)

-Then your really fast cars at 120-125 mph (gen3 srt10 GT2 porshe)

-Then your HoLy sh*t fast cars at 125-130 mph (C6Z06 and gen4 srt10 viper....

A GTS IS DEFIENTLY A FAST CAR...NO DOUBT..BUT IF YOU TOUCH 120 MPH IN A STOCK GTS YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!!! YOU WILL MOST LIKELY RUN 117-119 MPH...ON THE OTHER HAND IF YOU RUN 117-119 MPH IN YOUR STOCK SRT10..WELL THATS NOT VERY GOOD....YOU RUN A 120 MPH TRAPP IN YOUR SRT10 AND THATS JUST REALLY AN AVERAGE TIME

I RAN MY INTAKE/ROLLER ROCKER 99 RT10 TO 117 MPH AND MY INTAKE ROLLER ROCKER SRT10 TO 122 MPH...

Sorry about the cap locks...But everytime I see a comparison of the gen2 and gen3 the first thing that pops into my mind was how my gen3 was 3 mph faster in the 1/4 mile...This makes it "seem" better to me before I even soak in the curves ect of the exterior....

So sorry i wasnt compareing the performance of a GTS to a hopped up civic. I was just saying that people do know that a GTS will have a VERY hard time hitting 120 mph stock while an srt10 can do 120 mph no problem..

And 120 mph seems to be the new bench mark these days..much like 110 mph was in the 90's and 100 mph was in the 80's

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All Vipers get looks. Part of the DNA.

Just like colors. Most people prefer the color they own.

No need to divide the Nation.

Good point as to me your silver/blue combo is horrid...But you obviously love it!

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score

No offense, bro but I couldn't care less what a 20 year old thinks. Most of them are thinking with the wrong head anyway. I have my car for me.

If you note, this is not a thread about performance, but style and attractiveness. It's all opinion and worthless to debate really. I think that the vast majority of people who react to these cars have no idea what their performance potential is, nor do they care. They have a visceral reaction to a beautiful car. Believe me, the woman who saw my car and shouted out 'look! Is that a Ferrari?' doesn't know what it will do in the quarter.

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score

-A 105-110 mph car is a entry level border line fast car (C5 vettes..GTO's)

-Then the 110-115 mph car are the kinda fast cars (C5Z06 2003 cobra)

-Then you get your fast cars at 115-120 mph (GTS and GTR)

-Then your really fast cars at 120-125 mph (gen3 srt10 GT2 porshe)

-Then your HoLy sh*t fast cars at 125-130 mph (C6Z06 and gen4 srt10 viper....

A GTS IS DEFIENTLY A FAST CAR...NO DOUBT..BUT IF YOU TOUCH 120 MPH IN A STOCK GTS YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!!! YOU WILL MOST LIKELY RUN 117-119 MPH...ON THE OTHER HAND IF YOU RUN 117-119 MPH IN YOUR STOCK SRT10..WELL THATS NOT VERY GOOD....YOU RUN A 120 MPH TRAPP IN YOUR SRT10 AND THATS JUST REALLY AN AVERAGE TIME

I RAN MY INTAKE/ROLLER ROCKER 99 RT10 TO 117 MPH AND MY INTAKE ROLLER ROCKER SRT10 TO 122 MPH...

Sorry about the cap locks...But everytime I see a comparison of the gen2 and gen3 the first thing that pops into my mind was how my gen3 was 3 mph faster in the 1/4 mile...This makes it "seem" better to me before I even soak in the curves ect of the exterior....

So sorry i wasnt compareing the performance of a GTS to a hopped up civic. I was just saying that people do know that a GTS will have a VERY hard time hitting 120 mph stock while an srt10 can do 120 mph no problem..

And 120 mph seems to be the new bench mark these days..much like 110 mph was in the 90's and 100 mph was in the 80's

Laron, It's the potential that counts, and Only the garage queens like to keep their cars bonestock..

So,96-99 forged year GTS FTW..

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The GTS IS the reason I bought my first Viper... After owning an SRT Coupe I just dont feel the same about that car, as I do the GTS..

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Laron, It's the potential that counts, and Only the garage queens like to keep their cars bonestock..

So,96-99 forged year GTS FTW..

You are right on that account..I can see many people who really know whats up thinking the 96-99 is 'the One"

i really miss how on my 99 rt10 you could just safely add a 200 shot to the stock car and have 600 rwhp...That was kool..

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No offense, bro but I couldn't care less what a 20 year old thinks. Most of them are thinking with the wrong head anyway. I have my car for me.

If you note, this is not a thread about performance, but style and attractiveness. It's all opinion and worthless to debate really. I think that the vast majority of people who react to these cars have no idea what their performance potential is, nor do they care. They have a visceral reaction to a beautiful car. Believe me, the woman who saw my car and shouted out 'look! Is that a Ferrari?' doesn't know what it will do in the quarter.

fair enough...

In my opinion and Im gonna get flamed but here goes...To me the srt's look more like what i consider a modern exotic..

They are low and wide and The head lights look very nice...

to me the GTS's dont look modern day exotic what so ever..They are equally low and equally wide but the way they are curved they just dont look as exotic to me..

They look kool as hell..but to me not exotic...

OK..I take that back...From the profile and rear they look exotic. but from the front...It just kinda loses somthing from the front to me compared to the srt10...

The SRT10 just looks so clean fron the front view..And the side mirrors on the srt10's look somewaht "snake" like in my eyes..I hated the side mirrors on my gen2...Look like rugular 30K car mirrors on an 80K car...

man Im haveing a hard time trying to explain the reasons...Im gonna look for pics and it will be easier...

but i openly admit that the gts is better looking overall than a srt vert..but it gets blown away by the coupe

OK...I found a few pics....im comparing the black gts and black srt10 from the front/profile pics..To me the lines of the srt10 flow better and the side mirror on the GTS looks HUGE and out of place to me...The GTS is defiently kool looking but it still just dosent scream exotic to me the way the srt10 does..

The next comparison is my red rt10 and yellow srt10 both from the front..Again they are both awesome looking cars..But the mirrors on the gen2 again just dont flow as well as the srt10 mirrors..Am I the only one who notices how the viper went from haveing big out of place cheap looking side mirrors to side mirrors that look incrediblaly exotic...

Those mirrors on the GTS/rt10 really look like they just took them off another cheaper dodge and threw em on..

As well while I thinkk the front end of my red gen2 looks pretty kool...It just isnt touching the srt10 styling in my eyes..

But when you get to the rear of the GTS it is a totally differant story..That rear is the best desighn under 150K period!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Sneaky Pete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was wondering how long it would be before the gen II 118.856 mph vs gen III 120.001 mph and subsequent mirror commentary would begin. :rolleyes:

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best analogies I can think of would be like comparing an original Shelby GT500 to a new one... Original Daytona Charger to a new one...(OK not fair..hahaha) Original Hemi Challenger to a new one. Original Cobra to a new one... Cars are a lot like wine in this respect when it comes to being appreciated...

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
fair enough...

In my opinion and Im gonna get flamed but here goes...To me the srt's look more like what i consider a modern exotic..

They are low and wide and The head lights look very nice...

to me the GTS's dont look modern day exotic what so ever..They are equally low and equally wide but the way they are curved they just dont look as exotic to me..

They look kool as hell..but to me not exotic...

OK..I take that back...From the profile and rear they look exotic. but from the front...It just kinda loses somthing from the front to me compared to the srt10...

The SRT10 just looks so clean fron the front view..And the side mirrors on the srt10's look somewaht "snake" like in my eyes..I hated the side mirrors on my gen2...Look like rugular 30K car mirrors on an 80K car...

man Im haveing a hard time trying to explain the reasons...Im gonna look for pics and it will be easier...

but i openly admit that the gts is better looking overall than a srt vert..but it gets blown away by the coupe

OK...I found a few pics....im comparing the black gts and black srt10 from the front/profile pics..To me the lines of the srt10 flow better and the side mirror on the GTS looks HUGE and out of place to me...The GTS is defiently kool looking but it still just dosent scream exotic to me the way the srt10 does..

The next comparison is my red rt10 and yellow srt10 both from the front..Again they are both awesome looking cars..But the mirrors on the gen2 again just dont flow as well as the srt10 mirrors..Am I the only one who notices how the viper went from haveing big out of place cheap looking side mirrors to side mirrors that look incrediblaly exotic...

Those mirrors on the GTS/rt10 really look like they just took them off another cheaper dodge and threw em on..

As well while I thinkk the front end of my red gen2 looks pretty kool...It just isnt touching the srt10 styling in my eyes..

But when you get to the rear of the GTS it is a totally differant story..That rear is the best desighn under 150K period!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can say with the utmost confidence, that nobody that has EVER commented on my Vipers has ever said ANYTHING about the cohesiveness or "flow" of the mirrors:rolleyes::rolleyes:

They just see a bad @#$ car. Period.

I think you may need to seek professional help with your mirror complex..... It can become an issue :lmao::lmao::lmao: