So I got pulled over again yesterday....

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I got pulled over again yesterday...this time people are supposedly complaining that there is a "Red Dodge Viper" driving like a maniac all over town. Pretty interesting considering its not true! Well anyways cop decides to pull me over because too many people have called it in. I said alright thats cool heres my license and registration I will see who these people are when I get to court. Cop said who said anything about court...I told him after you give me a ticket do you really think I'm just going to pay for it....his exact words were "If you don't shut up your going to get urself a ticket otherwise you might get lucky". So basically I wasn't speeding I know the cop pulled me over just becuase he saw a young guy driving a Viper. I went on about a 2 hour drive yesterday and had about 4 police cars follow me at various points (one making a u-turn to come behind me) for about 5 minutes each. Ever since I've gotten the Viper I've had a lot of police cars drive past my house I see at least one per day and I don't stand at my window looking outside all day. I honestly feel they think I'm a dealing something. I understand that I'm young but they just don't let me drive my car. I've gotten one ticket so far but pulled over a few more times and not given a ticket. Anyways make a long story short he didn't give me a ticket and said "You have a very nice car" I said thanks and left. He took down my house number, called my house saying we are sending a letter in the mail about a Dodge Viper being driven in excessive speeds throughout Surrey BC. Pretty cute :ooo: (I drive the Corvette around and haven't really had this much of an issue with it...I think it might be because it is extremely loud so the old folks around here probably wet their pants when I go by them!)
Ricky :mad:

FLYNLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I got pulled over again yesterday...this time people are supposedly complaining that there is a "Red Dodge Viper" driving like a maniac all over town. Pretty interesting considering its not true! Well anyways cop decides to pull me over because too many people have called it in. I said alright thats cool heres my license and registration I will see who these people are when I get to court. Cop said who said anything about court...I told him after you give me a ticket do you really think I'm just going to pay for it....his exact words were "If you don't shut up your going to get urself a ticket otherwise you might get lucky". So basically I wasn't speeding I know the cop pulled me over just becuase he saw a young guy driving a Viper. I went on about a 2 hour drive yesterday and had about 4 police cars follow me at various points (one making a u-turn to come behind me) for about 5 minutes each. Ever since I've gotten the Viper I've had a lot of police cars drive past my house I see at least one per day and I don't stand at my window looking outside all day. I honestly feel they think I'm a dealing something. I understand that I'm young but they just don't let me drive my car. I've gotten one ticket so far but pulled over a few more times and not given a ticket. Anyways make a long story short he didn't give me a ticket and said "You have a very nice car" I said thanks and left. He took down my house number, called my house saying we are sending a letter in the mail about a Dodge Viper being driven in excessive speeds throughout Surrey BC. Pretty cute :ooo: (I drive the Corvette around and haven't really had this much of an issue with it...I think it might be because it is extremely loud so the old folks around here probably wet their pants when I go by them!)
Ricky :mad:

That ***** bro. You should move to the good ol' US of A? What is Canada again? J/K :laugh: We have so many loud vehicles around my area, nobody really cares or pays attention to them anyways...unless it's a Viper. You will then probably be hounded by a ton of people wanting to get a closer look at your snake (no pun intended) :laugh:
*I know what you're thinking, keep your minds out of the gutter!*

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would log each and every time a cop follows you or swings by your house. If you are truely innocent then having this in the future might help. Don't know why but you never what value you might have. Especially if they continue to pull U turns to follow you. Next time that happens, pull over and follow them awhile. Tell him you are getting complaints of cops dogging Vipers.

I would check with the local dealer and find out if another red viper is near the area.

Of course, since it is red, a viper, special exhaust you could be doing 5 mph and someone will scream you are speeding.

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that is bordering on harassment. Everytime it happens take down the cop badge number and keep it on record. Then when enough information is gathered sue them for harassment.

I think Viper in general causes jealousy and envy......I live in Toronto and the folks around here just love it when I take my car out.

Let us know what happens!
Cheers

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny, went for a ride yesterday and pulled into a shell station near my house. A Florida State Police cruiser was pumping gas; the trooper came over to speak to me and complimented me on the car and that he had never seen a White Viper SRT.

SRTRicky; you must have some anal folks who despise your Corsa exhaust; the fact that the police seem to know your movements points to a pinheaded neighbor;

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All valid points made by you guys. I think I will start writing this information down because its starting to make me feel a bit uncomfortable! I mean I understand if they see me, they run my plates, etc. but if nothing comes up then why pull me over, make me stand in the burning heat for a good 15 minutes and then let me go. These cops around here are real pricks and if I really was doing something wrong like speeding at the time there is no way in hell they would let me go without a ticket!
Ricky

Reaction score
My Harley is louder than 10-Vipers and I have never been pulled over.

When I drive the Viper, HELL it looks fast standing still, its yellow (which is the fastest color) and sticks out like a sore thumb. If you speed or drive aggresive, its easy for them to figure out whose car it is, since there is only one yellow Viper in my hood and a limited number of other colors and generations.

I guess its better to drive like grandma in your hood and fast and aggressive in someone else's hood. (though for safety reasons-please follow the posted speed limits)

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best approach is the direct and respectful approach. I assume that all of the police are from the same station. Call the station and ask to make an appointment to speak to the station commander and/or shift commander. Show up for the appointment in a jacket and tie. Be calm and polite. Describe the problem. Ask him or her for help in solving the problem. Assuming this goes well, ask him or her if there is a police auxiliary in your town and whether you can participate. Once they see that you are not what they may suspect you to be things will change.

redsrt03

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems like Canada is following the USA in becoming more and more oppressive. For countries that glory in their freedom it is amazing how more and more individual rights are being trod upon.

If you had mouthed off to a US cop about court and tickets, you would almost certainly have gotten some sort of ticket (interfering with a pOLICE oFFICER, etc). Just be glad you live in Canada, where the cops actually want to see you commit a crime before they arrest or ticket you.

By a good radar detector, and drive hell out of your car, but always remember if you are in a pack of speeders, YOU WILL GET THE TICKET!

Good luck.

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best approach is the direct and respectful approach. I assume that all of the police are from the same station. Call the station and ask to make an appointment to speak to the station commander and/or shift commander. Show up for the appointment in a jacket and tie. Be calm and polite. Describe the problem. Ask him or her for help in solving the problem. Assuming this goes well, ask him or her if there is a police auxiliary in your town and whether you can participate. Once they see that you are not what they may suspect you to be things will change.

I'd agree with Bob but I'd use someone else's words, sorry I forget who just now but it goes;

"KEEP YOUR FRIENDS CLOSE, AND YOUR ENEMIES CLOSER"

Think about it.

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Better yet...........I think we should all meet up in front of SRTRICKY"S house sometime soon. Once they hear the rumble of 10 Vipers , I am certain they'll think your car is pretty tame from that point forward.

Cheers

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I got pulled over again yesterday...this time people are supposedly complaining that there is a "Red Dodge Viper" driving like a maniac all over town. Pretty interesting considering its not true!

I was there in my Red Dodge Viper this weekend :D need I say more ;)

FLYNLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I got pulled over again yesterday...this time people are supposedly complaining that there is a "Red Dodge Viper" driving like a maniac all over town. Pretty interesting considering its not true!

I was there in my Red Dodge Viper this weekend :D need I say more ;)

ROFL! The source of all rickys problems!