SO, now that the G5 is out

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally, I wasn't set on the SRT hood of my SRT, but I have grown to love it. I had considered swapping for a GTS hood, but I wouldn't do it now...

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do not care for the GTS hood in person, especially when parked next to a car with the more aggressive SRT hood.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I prefer the cleaner look of the GTS hood, but both are damn ****.

Last edited:

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Twin port for me but love both. Would be cool to have both and swap 'em out depending on yer mood.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I were buying, it would be SRT hood by far for me. But then again, I am partial to the "much lesser, dated, flaccid" Gen IV. ;)

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your car looks great. If they bring back SSG or do a Stryker green on the vert I might pull the trigger

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I were getting a GTS then the GTS hood, if an SRT then that one. I don't think I'd mix the hoods, they both look great on the car. My personal opinion? I do prefer the SRT hood if I had to pick one, I think it stands out as more agressive, and creates a connection and separation at the same time between the gen2 and the gen4. But I dig the similarity to the race car on the GTS hood, so ..

But it's like choosing between Haley Barry and her twin sister. (if she had a twin .. wow, could you imagine?! two of her .. making my Oh face)

Voice of Reason

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Originally I liked the GTS hood more but the SRT hood has grown on me. Either way at this point I wouldn't put a GTS hood on my SRT, that reminds me too much of poser Mustang guys putting Cobra and GT500 hoods on their V6s and GTs.

Capt Van

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2014 GTS on order and found out that for the measly price (cynical voice) of "only" $500 I could opt for the SRT hood and I did just that. I think it looks much more aggressive, but that's just me.

I am wondering just how the GTS stripes will look on the hood, it will be yellow with black stripes :dunno:

Viper808

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think SRT made a mistake .. I believe the 2013 GTS should have had the more aggressive 6 nostril hood like the Gen 4.. Its the one major thing I don't like about my GTS.. it just looks to tame..
You must be registered for see images attach

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, the only mistake they made was making "2 different" Vipers.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think SRT made a mistake .. I believe the 2013 GTS should have had the more aggressive 6 nostril hood like the Gen 4.. Its the one major thing I don't like about my GTS.. it just looks to tame..
You must be registered for see images attach

Wow, you are sooo right! If someone did not know they would think the Gen 4 was the more advanced newer car from that picture... Also, side by side with the white stripes it looks like the Gen 5 is missing teeth. I have not been around for a while, but has anyone painted the cross-hairs body color yet like many said they would when the pictures first came out? Just curious. Don't get me wrong, I really like the Gen 5, but the picture side by side just points out a few things that was really right with the Gen 4.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think SRT got it right. I like them both. If we have to find fault and it seems we always do:D the GTS hood is refined but maybe not aggressive while the SRT hood is aggressive but maybe a bit boy racer. Having seen two solid red cars with the different hoods right next to each other they both get the desired effect. The GTS style hood really makes the car look exotic by accentuating the massive length of the hood while the SRT hood looks a little 77 Trans Am Screaming eagle but I'd roll with the SRT hood myself anyway:rolaugh:.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT had it right with the taller more pronounced hood scoop and tunnel as well as deeper heat extractors on the "red clay car" at VOI11. In was lowered and weakened in production. Viper has never been weak on design. That would have fixed the issue. I think the GTS is okay, like it better than SRT hood however the GTS as originally conceived, would have hit it out he park. Kind of like how he GEN III hood scoop looks compared to the GEN IV hood.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang