So what the heck is an eccentric (sp?) bolt anyway?

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A bud of mine changes tires and notices his old ones were worn unevenly. He takes his Viper in for an alignment and $700+ later... The dealership in question said they had to order an eccentric bolt at a small fee of $345. Is the dealership sucking on too many exhausts or is this legit? How much does an alignment typically cost assuming no magical parts need to be ordered. Car is a 2000 GTS with minor mods. Thanks!

Bat

CANTDRIVE55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

Eccentric bolts are used to change camber and are used on a number of vehicles. I'm guessing that they are referring to the bolts that are "inboard" on the control arms.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bat, tell your friend to RUN away from that Dealer!!:omg:

Cam bolt [eccentric] 96-02 #6036300AA MSRP $23.00
Depending how much adjustment is needed? 2 - 4 hours labor [I'm at $98 per]!

OP
OP
Batboy

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, this dealer I will never take my car to. They are now saying they can not align the car because it was totaled 2 months ago and has a salvaged title. My friend not only has owned the car for the past year but also has the title and there is nothing wrong with it. They ended up charging him $100 for the bolt after he yelled and screamed. This place was unbelievable. They drove his car approximately 35 miles. The car was filthy and there is actually grease, not dirt, on his carpet now. The dealership is Safford Dodge in Fredericksburg. Those in the area please stear clear. Safford owns another dealership in Springfield with a Viper Tech. I have had work done there with excellent results before Safford bought it. But this shop in Fredericksburg is very shady. Thanks for the clarifications. Oh, and by the way they told him only Vipers have eccentric bolts or something to that effect. hmmmmm

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang