So when's the SVS vs DLM vs Heffner competition??

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So when\'s the SVS vs DLM vs Heffner competition??

My $$$ is on SVS. Sure costs enough.....

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: So when\'s the SVS vs DLM vs Heffner competition??

any competition should be done w/ the same driver in all of the vehicles, more of a performance shootout. maybe some big media coverage one of the speed chanel shows and maybe autoweek(or other).

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If you want the highest performance for the least $$$ then Heffner is the only way to go. Jason has proven time and again that he can build the fastest, quickest Vipers for the least amount of money. Everybody else is just trying to catch up!

-----------
2000 Black/Black RT/10
Heffner 1000SCi 843 rwhp 792 rwtq 10.20 ET @ 141 MPH
Heffner Performance - Home of the World's First 9-second Supercharged Viper!

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Think about this -- I thought when DLM sc'd my car it would be a 1/4 car only. I was wrong :laugh: . It's an ALL AROUND street performance vehicle. My car wouldn't do well in the 1/4 mile because of the suspension and other mods I would have to do. I love it just the way it is and it's already a winner! :headbang:

-Lou :2tu:

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gary, I'm sure heffners cars are awesome and hes incredibly reasonable on price, unfortunately he doesn't do gen 1 sc so that leaves alot of viper owners who want sc dlm as the only logical choice at this time..

Adam

OP
OP
O

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Blah blah blah.

Pick a date. Get 3 cars. Each tuners best effort:

1/4 - Best of 3 runs counts
0-100

Settle the NEVER ending BS once and for all. Be a pretty cool item for Viper mag too.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

uhhhh, haven't they been racing for the last few years. Why go to the trouble of getting everyone together when they can just shoot the $hit on here. :cool:

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Are you joking??? I dont want to see no stinkin 1/4 mile shoot out. Come on! Be more creative here. Anyone can strap a jet engine on a car and go down the 1/4

Here is the testing layout:

0-60
0-100
0-100-0
60-0
100-0
1/4 mile
Slolm
Skidpad
Vehicle weight
RWHP
RWTQ
Wind tunnel drag test
3,500 Mile reliability driveability test
Interrior comfort
Interrior gadgets
Overall Cost

That aught to satisfy any car buf.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Agreed total performance shoot out 1/4mi., o=1mi., 0-60, 0-100,150,+++, road course time, lateral g's, ect....

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If you want the highest performance for the least $$$ then Heffner is the only way to go. Jason has proven time and again that he can build the fastest, quickest Vipers for the least amount of money. Everybody else is just trying to catch up!
lmao, who is trying to catch up??? Put down the crack pipe man, Doug is so far ahead of the game in the Super Charger business that it's not even funny. As far as costing more, he offered me a half ass way to do my car(just change pistons and rods)I opted for more than that thank you very much :headbang: My car will be done soon, and once and for all we will see who is fastest on same day with same conditions. Me and Paolo have a date and boy I cant wait, this internet bragging is stupid. Let's get the cars together and see who is fastest, I'm game, who wants some?? :D

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Moundir, you know you are skeeeerrrred, just say you're skerred :D

just stirring the ***.

ps - be sure to let us know when you and PC hook up. That will be a sight to see. From watching PC drive and seeing your videos, I don't know who is crazier. :2tu: :headbang:

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Everybody else is just trying to catch up!

not.....going......to.......touch..........that one................. It's neive posts like this that get everyone started.

OP
OP
O

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Seems like the Heffner are more willing to step up.

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score

[/QUOTE]
lmao, who is trying to catch up??? Put down the crack pipe man, Doug is so far ahead of the game in the Super Charger business that it's not even funny. As far as costing more, he offered me a half ass way to do my car(just change pistons and rods)I opted for more than that thank you very much :headbang: My car will be done soon, and once and for all we will see who is fastest on same day with same conditions. Me and Paolo have a date and boy I cant wait, this internet bragging is stupid. Let's get the cars together and see who is fastest, I'm game, who wants some?? :D

[/QUOTE]

Mike, I hate to start [******] here, but by the time you have your car back, I will have the Heffner Twin Turbo setup on my car and it will be you who will be playing catch-up! :confused: I hope you are upgrading your driving skills with 1000+ Hp and seat time while your car is being upgraded! :D

I know you are anxious to get your car back, but I would wait to see what you've got before you go bragging who is ahead of who..... You know what I mean, don't you big guy? I am sure some people are feeling the footsteps of the TT.........

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Moundir, you know you are skeeeerrrred, just say you're skerred :D

just stirring the ***.

ps - be sure to let us know when you and PC hook up. That will be a sight to see. From watching PC drive and seeing your videos, I don't know who is crazier. :2tu: :headbang:

JDAWG, that is a pretty good observation. I think you really have to come for a ride of a closed course nature with me to really give an accurate asessment of a certain person's sanity! :smirk:

I get the trans back in the next week or so, maybe you will be in town and we can hook up!

See you soon!

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Are you joking??? I dont want to see no stinkin 1/4 mile shoot out. Come on! Be more creative here. Anyone can strap a jet engine on a car and go down the 1/4

Here is the testing layout:

0-60
0-100
0-100-0
60-0
100-0
1/4 mile
Slolm
Skidpad
Vehicle weight
RWHP
RWTQ
Wind tunnel drag test
3,500 Mile reliability driveability test
Interrior comfort
Interrior gadgets
Overall Cost

That aught to satisfy any car buf.

KepRght, I think you have a great idea except you forgot 100-200 MPH, the standing mile and the road course.

==>I volunteer Jr to drive my car on the roadcourse if he can drive it objectively. Otherwise, he has to go at least ten seconds faster to be even with the average road racer! Sorry Jr, but you have an unfair advantage on the roadcourse!

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Out there, if I were a betting man, I would only bet on those tuners who have turbo packages.

SVS has been doing turbos longer than anyone else. They have made the most power and have gone the fastest on the top end and fastest and quickest on the 1/4 mile for boost only with the powerglide.

I am excited about the Heffner twin turbo package that is in the prototype stage at the moment. As far as I am concerned, anybody else who wants to beat the SVS car has their work cut out for them to say the least.

In the next couple of months, I will have the Heffner Twin Turbo System on my car. Will it make big power? Absolutely! Will I be able to beat the SVS car in a standing mile? Maybe, maybe not, more likely the latter. But I am sure this coming year will be exciting as hell and I cannot wait to race Jr and JPH as well.

Just remember, superchargers have certain limitations that turbos do not have.....

Superchargers are great for 750ish RWHP, for street driving where you can destroy just about anything on the road period.

If there were no affordable, tested turbo kits for the Vipers like a few years ago, the superchargers were the only way to go.

Look at guys like Gerald, Fishtail(Lou), and myself. We all go out and SPANK anything we come across.... Unless we were to come up against one of those "Turbo" Vipers.

There are very few people who can really use the kind of power I am talking about.....

I am sure a lot of guys who have the superchargers on their cars do not really USE IT all the time anyway. Some guys get it to HAVE IT. Superchargers will always be the way to go for the guy who does not want to spend a large amount of $$$$$$, but who still wants to KICK ASS!

Now the turbo allows for the ultimate power, to be turned down WHENEVER you are NOT using it by the twisting of a knob....

Look at SVS: at the Nebraska standing mile, they ran 7.67 PSI, at the recent 9.37 1/4 mile @ 147.XX MPH they ran 10 PSI. They did nothing more than change the setting on the boost controller and/or change the springs on the wastegates.

Lets say a regular guy(like myself) was running a turbo setup on the street...
I would run the minimum amount of power I could for everyday driving for fuel economy and less wear and tear on the motor/etc..... When I need to, I can now pump up the boost and go to whatever level the system will allow.

==> You just do not have that flexibility with a supercharger, not to mention being able to adjust the amount of boost in every gear for the ultimate driveability and safety on the street to hook up and be as bad as you want to be!

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mike, I hate to start [******] here, but by the time you have your car back, I will have the Heffner Twin Turbo setup on my car and it will be you who will be playing catch-up! :confused: I hope you are upgrading your driving skills with 1000+ Hp and seat time while your car is being upgraded! :D

I know you are anxious to get your car back, but I would wait to see what you've got before you go bragging who is ahead of who..... You know what I mean, don't you big guy? I am sure some people are feeling the footsteps of the TT.........

I'm not bragging the only one bragging was Gary, unless the turbo is going in your car within a month then why not race me??Once and for all let's settle who has the best supercharger system out there. If not you, how about the 9 sec car?? Hell, I'll run you with your turbos and all. Pump gas for Pump gas let's see what happens :headbang: Btw the only thing I'm scared of in this life is marriage lol :eek: At least we agree on one thing that turbos are the way to go :headbang:

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I will come up with a spread and start taking bets

OP
OP
O

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score

OK. So how many tuners should be allowed? Which cars?

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gary, that's the type of opinion (and just an opinion) that needs to be redirected. At the time I shopped for a s/c package Heffner did not have intercooling yet and wouldn't supercharge my '02 with cast pistons.

I now have a DLM supercar with intercooler, cast pistons, over 8,000 hard driven miles, NO problems so far and cost me much less then what you may be referring to. I am so very thankful for Doug Levin building me a car of my dreams and highly recommend DLM to anyone that asks me about my experiences. I know Heffner would have done a great job also.

-Lou

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Seems like the Heffner are more willing to step up.

So how many Heffner cars are going to Texas.....that would be a good start. Hey there are already one or two in Texas, are they racing ? I know there are a few DLM cars that will "actually" be there.

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The only way any Viper is going to beat or be competitve with SVS is using an automatic trans. The six speed loses boost on each shift and human error like missing a shift will happen. This competition is all crap because there is no common ground, the one with the most money and horsepower will win. This will never show who builds the fastest and best all around street car which is why we love our VIPERS.

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm not bragging the only one bragging was Gary, unless the turbo is going in your car within a month then why not race me??Once and for all let's settle who has the best supercharger system out there. If not you, how about the 9 sec car?? Hell, I'll run you with your turbos and all. Pump gas for Pump gas let's see what happens :headbang: Btw the only thing I'm scared of in this life is marriage lol :eek: At least we agree on one thing that turbos are the way to go :headbang:

[/QUOTE]

Mike, I think that Gary was just saying that Jason has perfected the art of making the most powerful and quickest supercharged Vipers in the world with the fastest turnaround time and for the best price. You cannot deny that certain other supercharger tuners system prices have dropped as compared to what he charged a few years ago. That's all Gary was saying. Whether Heffner or DLM is better in absolute terms is not that easy too ascertain.

==> I'll put it to you this way...... If Wonder Woman tied us up (individually) with her golden lasso and forced us to tell the truth, we would both tell the truth.. I would say Jason Heffner is better and you would say Doug Levin is better.

Both have great customer service and a great customer following on the internet, both make great power......

The only thing that separates the two would be that Heffner is the only supercharged Viper to run a nine(no N2O) and currently has a twin turbo kit ready to sell for Christmas. Also, I think I have provided Jason Heffner with some gruelling real world tests to show his work can pass the 'Paolo test'.

==> You need to get your car back and show Doug's work can pass the 'Moundir test'

Consider this though, if you are talking about a race to determine the best supercharger system out there, then you have to do better than 9.9 @ 143.76....

I will run you if you get the car back by the time my car is not at Heffner's to get the turbos and if the weather will permit us to do so.

One thing is for sure though, I definitely have more ballz than you because I am NOT afraid of marriage! You would be surprised how the fear of marriage has manifested itself in some of the test subjects at 200+ MPH...... it actually made them think they had to hit their brakes to stay alive! LOL!

Listen, just get your car back, break it in, get some seat time and we will do our thing. :headbang:

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score

[/QUOTE]Gary, that's the type of opinion (and just an opinion) that needs to be redirected. At the time I shopped for a s/c package Heffner did not have intercooling yet and wouldn't supercharge my '02 with cast pistons.

I now have a DLM supercar with intercooler, cast pistons, over 8,000 hard driven miles, NO problems so far and cost me much less then what you may be referring to. I am so very thankful for Doug Levin building me a car of my dreams and highly recommend DLM to anyone that asks me about my experiences. I know Heffner would have done a great job also.

-Lou

[/QUOTE]

Lou, the time that Heffner did not have an intercooler kit was about a year and a half ago.

You got your car about 3-4 months ago. Around a year ago is when Heffner made the serious power with the intercooler. I remember at that time it was about a wash between what Heffner would charge to put in forged pistons AND do the intercooled supercharger system and what Doug would charge to do the supercharger system only.

How long did it take for Doug to do just the supercharger system and get the car back to you?

I am glad you love your DLM car! It is lucky for all of us there are choices when it comes to Viper performance upgrades! An icecream store with one flavor would be BORING!

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The only way any Viper is going to beat or be competitve with SVS is using an automatic trans. The six speed loses boost on each shift and human error like missing a shift will happen. This competition is all crap because there is no common ground, the one with the most money and horsepower will win. This will never show who builds the fastest and best all around street car which is why we love our VIPERS.

Ron, I just got a line on someone who has the bell housing and adaptor plate for the powerglide to drop right into the Viper with a simple notching of the trans tunnel. One of these just might find their way into my car in the near future.........Who knows, Heffner turbos + AEM + Powerglide might = some bad a$$ times at the strip.......