Sonny Whelen talks up the Viper Racing League

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations to Sonny - and we expect BIG THINGS from you next year... :)

Also, congrats to Skip Thomas and the VRL for producing the last 2 Rookies of the Year with Mike McCann in 2004, and now Sonny in 2005.

Way to go!

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Needed better equipment to win"? Congrats Sonny....
Great Year. Keep it up....

Vipergtsbob

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Sonny
Congrats to a really great driver and a greater guy. You have come a million miles since we both went to Justin Bells Viper Driving School in 2000. Your reputation as a World Class Guy compliments your World Challenge ROTY title now. Best of luck for even greater achievements.
Bob Carroll
NJVCA President
VCA National Treasurer

Sonny 00 GTS ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to all of you for the congratulations. I've always tried to do everything I can to support Viperdays and I will continue that support no matter what I happen to be driving. The results of the many competitors now racing on a pro level that have learned what they know from Skip Thomas and Viperdays is truely outstanding.

Skip, Courtney, Tracey and Linda have made us all feel like family, and the competition only makes those bonds stronger.

Because I haven't been there before, I have had some concern about the last SWC race at Laguna Seca. I felt it would be smart to try and find a way to get some track time before the event if it were possible. Both Viperdays drivers Joe Bregante and John Deering offered to let me drive their cars at an SCCA Regional race this past weekend. I drove John Deerings GTS in practice and qualifying on Friday before flying back to Connecticut. It was a very generous thing to do and really helped me get a feel for the track. Most everyone I have been associated with through Viperdays help each other in similar ways at every event. It's just amazing!

I hope I can have a chance to attend some VRL events in 2006 - you guys are the best!

OP
OP
R

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sonny:
Just another example of what incredible people the VCA and, in particular, the Viper Days/VRL crowd are. Standing at the top of the this list of fine people are you and Skip!

Good luck to you at Laguna and congrats on ROY.

Rich

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4