Speeding ticket poll

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
If you have ever been stopped for speeding in your snake, indicate the color of the car and, optionally, how many miles over the speed limit you were going. You can participate whether or not you actually received a ticket.

tonyviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im not sure if im proud of this or not but I was driving on a nice stretch of I-355 by my house and I got on it. I think I hit about 130 when i see a cop coming from the other direction so I literally slam on the brakes. After the cop passed me by, I then figured that i should speed up again and get off at the next exit hoping that I would just get away since it would take him time to do U-turn and catch up to me if he got me on his radar gun. Well I get off on the next exit and drive for about a mile thinking I got away with speeing so I did U-turn to attempt to go back on the same expressway. As soon as i did the U-turn, a cop was parked and noticed me doing this and pulled me over for an illegal turn!! Bad luck about the U-turn but great luck that I didnt get a ticket for what I really was doing on the expressway!!! I just paid my fine through the mail and I live to see another day!

Speedy G

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Got one in a viper club cruz 75 in a 45 in the middle of nowhere(speed trap) and got arrested for drifting around medians in a home depot parking lot 12 midnight, thought I couldn't get in trouble being on privet property and no one around I was proven wrong, the whole police department was there being azzes, no talking just pulled me out the car and squeezed the cuffs on! (hatters!)

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Got shot doing 80 in a 60 twice, no stop. Got a ticket for going 12 over the limit and he gave me a 6mph ticket.

Not smart enough to realize that our cars stop in naerly half the distance theie cop cars take to stop. Not smart enought to realize that Torfar Smartcars shouldn't be allowed on the freeway wih their teeny puny little tires. They're so short that hitting a curb while on the little (8"?) brakes they would probably 'roll' frontwards. Little cars are dangerous because their brakes are only good for lower speeds. Minivans with people are dangerous because they have smaller brakes. SUVs and pickups don't stop well because the tires are tall and spin/turn slowly so the brakes don't clamp really well.

Vipers are one of the best stopping cars on the planet. They stop on a dime and handle extremely well. Super safe machines, but although some cops are smart and realize this so they have a little leeway. Most cops are busy collecting taxes or just couldn't care less about the safety factors.

I have only received the one 6mph speeding ticket in any of my Vipers. Got a few in my Stealth R/T TT though.

Ted

Last edited:

triplexotica

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Got one in a viper club cruz 75 in a 45 in the middle of nowhere(speed trap) and got arrested for drifting around medians in a home depot parking lot 12 midnight, thought I couldn't get in trouble being on privet property and no one around I was proven wrong, the whole police department was there being azzes, no talking just pulled me out the car and squeezed the cuffs on! (hatters!)

What did you expect? You're in ARIZONA!

I hate your area, too many speed cameras!

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The great thing about Arizona is that they (speed camera company) have to serve you the tickets in person. Not likely to be there when just driving through, lol.

Az is being called "the Watch me state." because they have so many cameras.

Ted

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
last ticket i got in the viper was last year, 98 in a 55 on the GSP. (i think it was 5 points)

a good friend of mine, helped get it knocked down to a 74 in a 55 with no points.

i still wanna know how he paced me from 1/2 mile away at 2:30 AM in the rain ?

OP
OP
markk

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
The key question was the color of the car you were driving. The speed was the optional part.

BTW Phil, I got stopped for 86 in a 65 (I-80) and had it reduced to 75, which they said was 2 points. Sadly when it gets back to Pa it will be 3 points. I was driving a white Charger (rental) so it doesn't count for this poll.

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My car is silver so i dont think the color matters.
I've gotten a few...i think its more about the shape that gets the attention.

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your lucky, what if the officer on the Highway put a look out for you and the officer that wrote you up for a U-turn got on the radio and told the other officer " hey I have that viper pulled over for a u-turn,I will stall till you get here. :omg:
radio signal do travel faster than any viper. ;)

Im not sure if im proud of this or not but I was driving on a nice stretch of I-355 by my house and I got on it. I think I hit about 130 when i see a cop coming from the other direction so I literally slam on the brakes. After the cop passed me by, I then figured that i should speed up again and get off at the next exit hoping that I would just get away since it would take him time to do U-turn and catch up to me if he got me on his radar gun. Well I get off on the next exit and drive for about a mile thinking I got away with speeing so I did U-turn to attempt to go back on the same expressway. As soon as i did the U-turn, a cop was parked and noticed me doing this and pulled me over for an illegal turn!! Bad luck about the U-turn but great luck that I didnt get a ticket for what I really was doing on the expressway!!! I just paid my fine through the mail and I live to see another day!

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
82 in a 40 and 78 in a 30 same day, same road, all warning tickets on 'The Dragon'. Very nice officers. Car is a custom grey color.

1994viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got nailed by a ...... Going 88km/h in a Max 50km/h zone. The thing is that the bloodsuckers of our city decided to lower the speed limit, and placed new signs, a week or so before. It has always been 60 there for as long as I can remember.

Edit: My car is RED

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Niagara. I think I was the only one (rec car) being pulled over for doing 120 in a 80 zone....no ticket. KM/H!

Last edited:

Speedy G

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oh reminds me of the one I got I the viper going to viper days in vegas through the mountains, I wasn't speeding, my radar detector didn't go off so I asked him when he pulled me over he said he clocked with a stop watch:omg:

last ticket i got in the viper was last year, 98 in a 55 on the GSP. (i think it was 5 points)

a good friend of mine, helped get it knocked down to a 74 in a 55 with no points.

i still wanna know how he paced me from 1/2 mile away at 2:30 AM in the rain ?

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper Race Yellow:
130mph (allegedly) in a 55mph, no ticket, no warning.
104mph in a 55mph, infraction for a broken speedometer. :D
Exhaust too loud, no ticket. (<- Few of these, one this morning in my town)
Missing front license plate, no ticket. (<- Several of these stops)

BMW Blue:
104mph in a 65, following too close, failure to pull over, reckless driving ($700 fine, no points)
97mph in a 55, caught via radar. $500 fine and court fees, no points.
82mph in a 55, no ticket.
77mph in a 55, warning.
Stop Sign. warning.
90mph in a 65, warning.
93mph in a 65, ticket for expired emissions sticker.
Speeding in town. No ticket but got an apology from the officer.

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Countless tickets in my vettes, the wife's 300C SRT8 (95 in a 65) 2 years ago, in my Acura on the way to work....

Nothing yet in the yellow GTS although I am taking it easy until November 2011 - when two of my tickets get dropped from my insurance.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still pissed about a 50/35 in western VA a year and a half ago.... That piss-*** town will never see me again.

(Red gen 1)

GRNBGON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never gotten a speeding ticket in my SSG Viper!!!!!!!!!!!!
My son in law is a deputy sheriff, maybe that helps:rolaugh:

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow...you sure are a trouble maker/criminal ;).

Viper Race Yellow:
130mph (allegedly) in a 55mph, no ticket, no warning.
104mph in a 55mph, infraction for a broken speedometer. :D
Exhaust too loud, no ticket. (<- Few of these, one this morning in my town)
Missing front license plate, no ticket. (<- Several of these stops)

BMW Blue:
104mph in a 65, following too close, failure to pull over, reckless driving ($700 fine, no points)
97mph in a 55, caught via radar. $500 fine and court fees, no points.
82mph in a 55, no ticket.
77mph in a 55, warning.
Stop Sign. warning.
90mph in a 65, warning.
93mph in a 65, ticket for expired emissions sticker.
Speeding in town. No ticket but got an apology from the officer.

OP
OP
markk

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
This site condones street racing. It should condone open discussion of speeding.

The condone vs. condemn discussion aside, the real question was about what color car you were driving when you were stopped. I was attempting a non-scientific poll to see if certain colored vehicles received a higher number of tickets. I am not advocating speeding, even though I (and you and many others) do it.
>>
Originally Posted by dave6666
Yes, I drive "at a high rate of speed" some times. When I do that I am stupid.
<<

I was told a long time ago that yellow cars receive the most tickets. The assumption being that they attract attention. I've often wondered 1) if drivers of yellow cars really are the most ticketed, and 2) if so, is it really because they attract attention or do people who like to drive fast prefer yellow cars?

I see that this board can be a tough place to hang out. Several people with sarcasm that can't be seen in a post leading to confrontational replies. Too much drama. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang