Speeding ticket poll

labtec

Viper Owner
Reaction score
04 Black. Leaving small town (Easton), 40 mph zone which is notorious for revenue enhancement. I drive 39 just to make sure, detector goes off all should be good, nope pulled over for 52 in a 40. I explained to the officer I was going 39, she said no arguing and returned to her car. Returned with a warning so I bit my tongue, said ok and left. Fast forward 8 miles up Mathewstown road traveling 55 in a 50, I spot a new (temp tags) Shelby 500 ahead, he slows down to play so I downshift to 3rd for the inevitable. He takes off so I wait a second and hit it. Of course I'm all over him almost instantly, he gets the idea and we slow down. Well now I want to go a little faster so I pass him and another car. Lets just say when my detector went off again I was "exceeding the speed limit (read 90)" and climbed all over the brakes and slowed to ~50 as a state trouper came around the corner. I guess one cancels the other out:D

Wolfc2e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[not in a Viper, but a classic 67 Buick 225]
I had an officer come racing up on my bumper on a lonely road one night and I wasn't aware of it being the police, so I sped up. The car would get closer and I sped up again. The car got closer so I slowed down and pulled to the side a bit so they could pass not knowing what the heck was going on. That's when the blue and reds went on.

I yelled at the officer before he had a chance to speak that he had just scared the crap out of me. I was afraid for my life with his antics. With all of the road rage going on and the fact I "may have cut someone off" in the last little town I was panicked. Plus, he can't ride on my bumper and scare me into speeding more. If he's going to pull me over, pull me over for the speed I was clocked at and come up with your lights flashing.
I then boldly said I wasn't taking this crap and slowly drove off. :nono: Not recommended, but it worked and he followed a bit, then just passed and drove on.

I had a cop do that to me back when I was 17 at 2am on the highway one night. He was in an unmarked Camaro and I was in a little 4 ******. I was doing about 75 (limit was 65) in the fast lane and he came flying up behind me at well over 100mph. I couldn't see his headlights he was so close. I sped up to 80 and got over. He said he "paced" me at 90 in a 65 and gave me a reckless ticket. I went to court with a lawyer but the lawyer was a dud...

Next time I'm hitting the brakes!

lh4x4

Viper Owner
Reaction score
In 1966 I had purchased a new Olds Delta Royal police pursuit model. I had enough miles on it to open it up. When the speedometer pegged I backed off back to the speed limit. A few miles later a trooper who had a semi pulled over ran to his squad and took off. When he got to me he put on his lights.

I pulled over and he approached in a very agitated and asked me how fast I was going. I replied that I was just going down the road. "going down the road" he replied " you were off the charts." He asked my wife what she thought of my driving. She replied that he is a very good driver.

He would not let me post bond or drive the the next towns PD. I had to ride in the car with him and my wife followed.

At the PD the Chief came out and said "Hi Larry". The Trooper said "You know this man?" He said yes he's a deputy sheriff.

He wrote the ticket and I post cash bail. Six months latter I went before the judge and he said that he was going to change the rule on speeding. In Illinois at the time it was $1 per mile for the first 20 miles over the limit and $2 per mile after 20. The speed limit on I-80 was 70 at that time.

The Trooper wrote the ticket for 125 + as that is the end of the chart for the airplane officer that timed me. The judge decided to charge #1 per mile but start at zero so I paid $125 entertainment tax. I didn't tell the judge or trooper that I was going 145.

The sheriff asked if I wanted him to take care of the ticket and I said no it will be best if I pay it. Over the years that turned out to be the right thing to do.

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find it a little funny at how many people seem to have gotten tickets in Las Vegas. I have never even been stopped in my viper and I drive "quickly" whenever I am in the car. Always responsibly but usually over the limit. If I were a more honest man, I might even admit to taking the car over 100mph every time I take it out, but admitting something like that might get me into trouble so I deny it completely.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang