Sport Compact Car "Ultimate Street Car Challenge" ==> I'm in........

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sport Compact Car \"Ultimate Street Car Challenge\" ==> I\'m in........

Hello all! I just got the paperwork in the mail today from the magazine Sport Compact Car officially inviting me to the "Ultimate Street Car Challenge" that takes place in California on September 24-27. I would like to thank Wayne Markowicz for emailing me over this weekend to let me know he would not be able to attend the magazine competition. Wayne also offered to call the magazine to tell them and to try to help me get in.

I called Josh from Sport Compact Car on Monday morning and he told me that I just happened to be the next in line after Wayne by only a few votes! I would like to thank all of the people on this board who helped make this possible by voting for me!

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You............ and thanks again!

I would also like to thank Jason Heffner for building such a great car that makes awesome power that is SO driveable and can also propel Enzo Who to 191.8 MPH in the standing mile @ 3,000 ft on 9 PSI. It runs cool and fast!

I would like to thank my wife, Carrie, for supporting my quest for power who has been so understanding even though she does not understand!

I would also like to thank some of my Viper friends like TOOOFST who called me at least 10 times per day to make sure I had everything I needed and all the other guys that I still have to give rides to! TOOOFST will also be helping me fabricate some custom interior and undertray panels that will minimize aero drag for high speeds and certainly will help for the Guru panel and the car show as well!

I have been studying last year's test to try and pick up on things that make the most difference within the framework of rules on which the test is based. I have at least 50-60 things I need to do to maximize my chances to win. I have spoken with John Purner about wheel and tire combos he thinks would work best. John is such a nice guy and knows more about wheels and tires than any other single person with whom I have ever had a conversation on that subject.

I will be getting the car corner weighted and will put on a race alignment as well. The car is already 2" lower and has a full rollcage.==>Anybody who has any ideas about how to win grandma over with a full rollcage and side exhaust, let me know....

Very shortly, I will be taking the car to Gingerman for some road course seat time with the new Heffner power.

Anybody with a video of the roadcourse that will be used in the shootout, let me know.....

Regretfully, I will have to postpone my Maxton mile appearance until the end of October.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Sport Compact Car

Paolo,

Congrats, and we know you will make us all proud.

Let me know if you need any help at the track or anything. I can make my truck/trailer available to you while you are out here, along with whatever help I can be.

We need Vipers to win this event 2 years in a row. :D

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm very excited that you got in - your understanding of the competitive winning mindset will already give you a huge edge over many others there that will rely soley on high tech and raw talent but will make mistakes under pressure.

A well thought out plan and a cool head in a car like you've got - is going to be very tough to beat - go get em!! Only wish I was closer so I could help too!

OP
OP
P

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Paolo,

Congrats, and we know you will make us all proud.

Let me know if you need any help at the track or anything. I can make my truck/trailer available to you while you are out here, along with whatever help I can be.

We need Vipers to win this event 2 years in a row. :D

Russ, thank you very much! I will definitely let you know if I need help. I am sure I will as I am just a one man deal! I really appreciate it!

OP
OP
P

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm very excited that you got in - your understanding of the competitive winning mindset will already give you a huge edge over many others there that will rely soley on high tech and raw talent but will make mistakes under pressure.

A well thought out plan and a cool head in a car like you've got - is going to be very tough to beat - go get em!! Only wish I was closer so I could help too!

Barry, thank you for your compliments. I will send you a copy of my list of things to do to maximize my chances. I am sure you can add a few more!

OP
OP
P

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score

We are all behind you my man! Good luck from the Chi-town boys.

Isaac

Thank you Isacc, now if I can only drive as good as the smack you talk to the bikes and the street racing punks in the parking lots! I would win 1st place in every category and they would even invent a bonus for me and only me for the point totals!

ZX1100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Sport Compact Car \"Ultimate Street Car Challenge\" ==> I\'m in........

Awesome!!! Paolo...I was talking to TOOOFST about making a trip out there with you to the event if it's cool with you. He mentioned about going and I'm sure we can help out in some way if you need it. Let me know what your travel plans are.

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Congrats Paolo. Show 'em who's boss.

You must be registered for see images

RedSnakeGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Paolo, show those boys what a Heffner car is made of! if half the **** i know about you is true, i dont think ANYBODY will be able to touch you. good luck my friend, i just dont think you need it!!! just wait till the issue of Sport Compact Car has a front page feature of Paolo with the title......

"ENZO WHO???????????"

OP
OP
P

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Awesome!!! Paolo...I was talking to TOOOFST about making a trip out there with you to the event if it's cool with you. He mentioned about going and I'm sure we can help out in some way if you need it. Let me know what your travel plans are.

ZX, Thank you! It would be awesome to have as many Illinois Viper brothers in attendance as possible! I can definitely use a helping hand, the standing mile race by myself in Nebraska was tough. We will coordinate for sure!

OP
OP
P

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Paolo, show those boys what a Heffner car is made of! if half the **** i know about you is true, i dont think ANYBODY will be able to touch you. good luck my friend, i just dont think you need it!!! just wait till the issue of Sport Compact Car has a front page feature of Paolo with the title......

"ENZO WHO???????????"

Eric, thank you for the compliments! I hope you are right. I will do my best to prepare for the competition and execute when I am there!

P.S. Your car looked F@#@@#G awesome at Heffner's. Those wheels are to die for! COngrats again for making the big power!

OP
OP
P

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good luck Paolo....careful on the road courses.

Tony, Thank you for your advice! I will just leave it in 6th gear! This is my secret!LOL!

Seriously though, I will be testing the car @ Gingerman in the next little bit to get used to the power on the road course. I have to say the power delivery is so smooth and linear that it should be an easy adjustment as I practice road course techniques on a daily basis... I just go 50-60% though but will practice turning up the wick @ Gingerman!

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Paolo-
I was happy to help!
Very excited that my Viper was able to be replaced by another one!
I know your car will kick some serious butt there...
Tire selection will be key since you are not allowed to change them for the event.

My guess is that a set of Kuhmos may do the trick since they are sticky enough to get a good launch for the drag event, and have enough sidewall support/handling to do well in the road course event, and provide extra stopping power for the braking contest.

You already know which events you will do very well in....no secret there...
The main thing is to have a solid finish in all the events...

Good luck....Let me know if I can help at all.
-Wayne

OP
OP
P

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Paolo -

Ding!

DM handle for years - carried on in forums...

Nexus, we have to explain to everybody here exactly what the Nexus-6 is: It just happens to be the most perfectly genetically engineered replicant in the year 2069: The highest IQ, strongest, fastest and sometimes most ruthless of the bunch...... But not made to last..... How about EMS Re-combination? No. ==> "Roy, you were made as well as we could make you....." ==> "But not to last..." Then Rutger Hauer snuffs out his maker! What a movie! I love it!

OP
OP
P

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Paolo-
I was happy to help!
Very excited that my Viper was able to be replaced by another one!
I know your car will kick some serious butt there...
Tire selection will be key since you are not allowed to change them for the event.

My guess is that a set of Kuhmos may do the trick since they are sticky enough to get a good launch for the drag event, and have enough sidewall support/handling to do well in the road course event, and provide extra stopping power for the braking contest.

You already know which events you will do very well in....no secret there...
The main thing is to have a solid finish in all the events...

Good luck....Let me know if I can help at all.
-Wayne

Wayne, thanks again for the quick notification. I am aiming to maximize my chances in every event!

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long. And you have burned so very, very brightly."

"I've seen things...you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain......time to die."

"Ah you Nexus huh? I do your eyes!"

And of course,

"My mother? I'll tell you about my mother..."

You must be registered for see images

(thanks for letting me hijack your thread for a bit. ;) )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi