SRT brakes

mit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drove an SRT today for the first time. What really stood out to me were the brakes. I have never driven a car that stops like that. The power was marginally more than my GTS. I couldn't go nuts cornering since it's not my car. The brakes were spectacular.

With mods, how close can I get my 2001 GTS(with ABS) to the SRT? I realize suspension geometry has a lot to do with braking performance but there is a noticeable difference between the SRT and my car? Can I come close at all to bridging that gap?

Other observations: My foot is wide so the dead pedal wasn't usable. Visibility is horrible. I could not figure out where the back of the car was. It's well put together. I liked the batman fenders from behind the wheel although not from outside the car. It didn't see to have much below 2500 RPM but my friend swears it's a computer problem. Around 3500 I felt a little more pull than my stock GTS. The brakes are what stand out though.

Mit

Bob Woodhouse

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Gen II and Gen III Vipers share no correlation in brake parts other than the manufacturer and the fact that they both use brake fluid. Most cost effective way to do it is to trade. It is do able of coarse. Electronics, wheel knuckles and many other indirectly related parts would drive the cost into the 20 plus thousand in mho. There are ways to improve yours, if you want that, we can visit. 402 657 5613

Bob Woodhouse

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many people have gotten comparable performance to the SRT-10s with the addition of Stoptech brakes to Gen I/GenII cars.
While the brakes are a relative weakness from the stock GenII to compared to the stock SRT-10 Viper, the difference is not as great with an aftermarket brake system upgrade.

It may not be exactly an equal of the SRT-10 Viper's great new braking setup, but it's likely close enough for street and track use.

-Dean.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog