SRT coupe rebuilder

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright people here is a longs story for you.

I found this car in the classifieds. I was interested in it. Called the "listing" company and they informed me they were waiting on paperwork. A few days later a similar (identical) Viper shows up on Craigs in the Detroit area. I called the guy. He seemed like a awesome guy but was asking 23K for the same car. Also said a company in NY was going to list if for him but decided to just sell it himself. He told me he purchased the car on a whim in auction and he was to dang big for it so wasn't interested in keeping. I came home and did the right thing by talking to my wife about it. She gave me the green light so I called the seller. He then told me his partner just took a deposit on it and ended up selling it for 20K!!!!. I was BUMMED to say the least. He told me he was hoping I would get the car because he liked me and thought that I would take good care of the car and put it back together and use the damn thing.

http://newyork.ebayclassifieds.com/cars/bronx/salvage-2006-dodge-viper/?ad=15724416&msg=OUT_OF_AREA

Well two days later I was still thinking about it so I put an add on Craigs in the Detroit area looking for the buyer of the car. I received an email that led me directly to the guy that bought it. I was chatting with him about it and explained my situation, and let him know that I was still interested in buying if he was looking to sell. I didn't know if he was a dealer, or looking for personal use and he never really said what he was. I later find out (from the gentleman that led me to the cars current owner) that he is a Lamborghini guy and he sometimes buys exotics and fixes, plays with them then sells. While on the phone he was asking my tons of Q's about Vipers along the lines of forged internals, modding, paxton, SCing, stock HP etc. Pretty much knows very little about Vipers. To add to the mix him and his workers still cannot get the car running. He is suppose to call me late next week to let me know if he is just going to sell it to me and make a few bucks or keep it and repair it.

So here are my questions and request from the community:

1-Pretty good price right!
2-Avoid this guy and DO NOT HELP HIM so he is forced to sell me the car :D
3-Look at the pics and see if the car may need anything crazy for repair.
4-Possibly point me in the direction of the owner that totaled the car?

Thanks for the help as always!

-Tim

viperscott

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tim,
from the pic I sent you on email... Compare cars and think if he will be selling it for even 22-23 k if he could get more on copart or iaai if car will be ok.
Do you have vin?
it is a start. Google it + check carfax, autocheck...

OP
OP
T

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will do. I am going to wait until next week to hear back from him and let me know if he is even willing to sell.

Thanks!

-Tim

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456