SRT Sales

vipernate

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I've actually seen 4 on Ebay alone for sale. But really that is beside the point. I think that most buyers thought they were going to keep their car or at the very least had the intentions of keeping their SRT10 but something either came up or they lost interest whatever. I think what DC did was a good thing and shows that DC wants to retain it's high end loyal customers. Always a good thing. But as far as calling all dealers scumbags - just simly unfair untrue and uncalled for.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Why did the last bidder go from 55,000 to 65,000 when you could bid smaller amounts. Something smells fishy<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, this is pretty common because you can set a maximum bid on E-Bay. If the bid was $54,900, and this guy was willing to go up to 64.9K, he would bid $64.9K and the current bid would show $55K. Then if someone went to outbid him, it would say that someone had a higher bid already until the maximum bid price was beat (at $65K).

I don't know if this is the case here, as it could be 13 year old kids playing with their parents credit cards, but it is not out of line to see the price jump dramatically like this.

-Dean.

MiamiJeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sure, not all Dodge dealers are scumbags but c'mon, be real, most car dealers of any marquee will give you an anal probe if you don't watch your backside.
You must be registered for see images

I had to travel through three counties to trade-in a Nissan Pathfinder and buy my Lexus LX470 at a fair price $6,000 better than my close by dealers. Similarly, my nearby 5-Star Dodge dealer wanted to play proctologist with me on my trade-in which led me to a much better and far less costly Viper experience over 1,000 miles away with owner John Gastman of Roanoke Dodge in Illinois.

It would be nice though if, as suggested previously, anyone flipping their SRT do so in a low profile way so as not to give Dodge dealers the ammunition to block future certificate programs.

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The purpose of a franchised new car dealer operation (for the franchise owner) is to serve as a front for the more profitable (per unit) used car operation.

Just a tidbit...trivia that may be useful as food for thought.

Nice WX today in SE VA. I'm gonna go GTSing!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang