SRT Viper Drifitng on TV now

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The "G4" channel has competitive drfiting on for the next hour. The SRT Viper driven by Hubbinette is in it, as well as the usual ricer imports. Just thought I would post if anyone was interested in seeing it. It's not exactly the most captivating of racing, but it is a bit different nonetheless.

OP
OP
T

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also, at 8:00 pm Pacific Standard Time, the Travel Channel's American Supercars show will have a 1-hour special on the Ford GT/Dodge Viper. I have already seen a bit of it when it was on at 5:00 and it was pretty good. It showed Viper Days action and whatnot.

OP
OP
T

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how the hell do they judge this stuff??

I really have no clue, but I think whoever has the quicklest lap time and the shortest distance from the competitor at finish is the one who wins.

ViperCrazed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you think that they maybe give each one of them their heat in the lead and the "chaser" does his best to mimic the lead car?? but it does appear that the closer distance deal is what they go by.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how the hell do they judge this stuff??

Drifting is based on 3 things. Angle, tire smoke and how close the driver nails the clipping points (i.e. the apex of the corner). There are two main rules, if you spin or wreck you lose the round, IF you manage to make a pass on your opponent (Sam does this ALOT) you automaticaly win. If there's a tie between the two, the judges will call a One-more-time, otherwords one more race to decide who wins.

Sam just happen to be running the SRT-10 at Long Beach (as well as rd. 2 at Atlanta) at the time. Mopar did not have the Charger ready yet for the first round of Formula D and Hulk Hogan's son is supposed to get the viper.

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hulk Hogan's son is supposed to get the viper.
[******]? He didn't even have a drivers license when I watch Hogan knows best on TV.