Enthusiast
Reaction score
I replaced the battery with a new one and the car still unlocks by itself
after a while.
What can it be?

ByteMe

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had this happen and it was the microswitch on the door opener that was bad, i.e. the switch behind the button you press to open the door. After replacing it, no problems. The other possibility would be crimped wires where the wires go from the door into the car proper, although I haven't heard of this cuasing the door to open by itself.

nismobrown

Viper Owner
Reaction score
this happened to my 99 gts and it was the micro switch behind the door button. it had corroded and it all started by the door opening itself when travelling slowly or even when the car was parked up.it stopped doing this and the door button failed to open the door which could only be opened from the inside door handle. try putting your ear close to the button and see if you can hear or feel the micro switch clicking,if not and it is different to the other door then it is your problem,
i actually replaced my one with a micro switch off a ktm enduro bike and it is probably going to last longer than the original switch.all the best, dave.

OP
OP
A

AlvaSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe I did not explain myself well.
The case is not that the door pops open,
the problem is that when I arm/lock the car with the key fob, it locks the doors fine, emits a 3 chirp sound and after a while then the car unlocks/dissarms (the alarm) by itself.

OP
OP
A

AlvaSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip.
I did that a couple of hours ago and it seems that it is working fine now.
Thanks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960