Stock '09 Coupe tires

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I plead ignorance about tires and there is a dearth of Vipers where I live. The tires on my '09 coupe say Pilot Sport Cup on the side. Are these the standard tires for the '09? I have the 6 spoke wheels.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those were the stock tires for 09 ACR Coupe. They are legal on the street, but fantastic on the track. Do now wear well, but really hook up.

For regular )non ACR) 09 Coupe they came with Pilot Sport 2 tires. Designed to be fantastic on the street. They last much longer than the cups but still do well on the track.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those were the stock tires for 09 ACR Coupe. They are legal on the street, but fantastic on the track. Do now wear well, but really hook up.

For regular )non ACR) 09 Coupe they came with Pilot Sport 2 tires. Designed to be fantastic on the street. They last much longer than the cups but still do well on the track.

What he said. :)

OP
OP
C

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My '09 was purchased new by Devin and sent to the Nurburgring to set a "standard" lap time. Presumably to compare with the Devin. Evidently Dodge put these tires on the car for Devin as they were the tires the Devin would have come with. I bought the car with 810 miles on it. It never ran the track as apparently talks ended between Devin and Dodge. I was told the car never came out of the container.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I think that you will find that the Cup tires have a stiffer ride when compared to PS 2's on the same car...not a bad, just a fact.

"FYI"...Our 2010 ACR has a notation in the small owners manual cautioning one about driving with these tires when the road surface temp is below 50 degrees F and/or when the roads are wet.

Both PS 2's and Cups throw rocks when hot !!!

OP
OP
C

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dang! I live in Oregon and it is always raining. Our club had an event this summer in Tacoma, Washington and it rained constantly. Had a chance to drive the car on an airport runway in a deluge and didn't notice a problem with the cups.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang