Stock heat shields on Edlebrock headers?

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the edelbrock headers with no heat shields. Just had them jet hot coated by Jet Hot. Cost was $450 and they look great as well as eliminate heat really well.
Been one year now no problems at all.

ggc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I also have Edelbrock headers without heat shields. I will probably get the Edelbrock shields although it has not been a problem thus far. The Edelbrock shields look pretty good.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blue Streak did you get the headers? Here is a pic of the Edlebrock heat shields from their site. Really more a deflector than an enclosed unit like the stock shield, but they do look cool and those of us with OCD like when things match. :D

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
B

Blue Streak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the replies. The Edelbrocks sheilds do look good. How much does the shields cover? I hate to have them coated and you cant even see them:)

OP
OP
B

Blue Streak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for talking to Chuck Gottaviper. I bought them used and they had header wrap on them.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The coating on the Edelbrocks are poor at best. If they are going to be wrapped, it's a non-issue. Personally, I like the looks of nice set of coated header! No covers for me :2tu: :2tu:

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The coating on the Edelbrocks are poor at best. If they are going to be wrapped, it's a non-issue. Personally, I like the looks of nice set of coated header! No covers for me :2tu: :2tu:

Mike, I have coated B&B headers. How does the HVAC Plenum hold up without heat shields? Any melting problems?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cerevo