STOLEN 2000 VIPER RIMS caught on Videotape

chickenwarrior

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey everyone.
I am a new viper owner of only 2 weeks and already tragedy has struck! My Wheels and rims were stolen off of my 2000 Viper as it sat outside a Dealer lot for repair. It happened exactly at 2:00am on Nov. 14, 2001 The good news is that we caught the thugs on videotape! The idiots bring an old bumper jack and realize it won't work so they go home and return 12 minutes later with different jack!! Goto http://www.chickenwarrior.com/viper.htm
for more details. I know these wheels won't fit much else and I can definately identify them! I should have pictures posted on my website next week of the Thugs stealing the wheels and the Chevy Truck they drove. Once I get the video back from the police I plan to make some mpg files of the video and post them as well.
I'm hoping these guys try to sell these to someone that knows they are hot. We have lot's of good leads. Please contact me at [email protected] for more info. Thanks!!!!!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your bad luck! I'll send your post to the Ind/Ky VCA Region members that use E-mail (about 70%)

Good Luck,

Steve Fess Sec. Ind/Ky VCA.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would they leave it outside????When my car is at the dealer they alway keep it inside.The only person allowed to touch a viper at the dealership is the viper tech. Bruce

prodiver

VCA Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your loss. Why are you offering the reward?
It seams to me like the dealer should be. Isn't he going to replace the tires and rims for you?

OP
OP
chickenwarrior

chickenwarrior

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Without giving all of the details. It is not a dealership. It is a personal friend of mine that does body work. The car is hit in the front end. It was inside the shop and was rolled outside under a security light and camera against my pleading wishes. Regardless it turns out his insurance is NOT covering it and my insurance won't say yes or no until they investigate why his will not pay. (Big Mess) Regardless, I am taking matters into my own hands while the leads are still hot. We'll see what happens. Thanks for your comments. I'm am totally new to the viper game so I accept critism well... :)

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They used to hang people for stealing horses. Just because it's an old idea doesn't mean it's a bad one.

It might be tough to unload them with the Viper community being so informed. Maybe they already have a buyer.

Shouldn't the guy's insurance pay for it?

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is my opinion that the wheels will end up on a veicle that shares the same bolt patern.Im sure there are cars/truck they will fit. If so Ihope someone recognizes them. By the way current scrap aluminum prices are about 35-40 cents per lb.Good luck.

OP
OP
chickenwarrior

chickenwarrior

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone that has replied to this BB as well as the personal emails I have received. Tonight I received an anonymous phone giving me the name of 2 suspects that fit the description and drive the same vehicle that live in the area. I will be talking with the detectives tomorrow hoping this might lead somewhere. In the meantime I have posted some still photos from the videotape on my website. http://www.chickenwarrior.com/viper.htm

Keep in mind these are not from the original tape and my video capture card is not the best, but they came out pretty good. I should have some actual video footage hopefully by tomorrow. Check it out. Any observations will be appreciated. Especially suspect descriptions and truck observations. Thx.
Tony