Strange noise when air conditioning is on?

v10viperbox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New owner still getting used to the car. I have a squeaking sound that come out above the glove box when I turn on the air conditioning. One it pops up, off it goes away. Any clues.

Also any quick way to tell if you have a exhaust. I bought the car from a dealer who told me it was stock but its freaking loud. It pops and spits on downshift and coast and just sounds great. Love the car so far completely different animal from my SRT-10 Ram.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cant say what the air conditioning noise might be, as far as exhaust, what year Viper is it, and what do the tips look like.

OP
OP
V

v10viperbox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cant say what the air conditioning noise might be, as far as exhaust, what year Viper is it, and what do the tips look like.

Its a 06 they look like they are painted black and then go back to gray on the inside further in the tube.

I just want to know if they are modified and if the cross over pipes are gone. It really pops, I want to cut down on the heat but its loud enough already.

OP
OP
V

v10viperbox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK I fiddled around with it yesterday its defiantly AC related, but not RPM or Fan speed related. It's both on the cool and heat circuit. Is near the airbag on the passanger side.

Is there any chance that there is a fan inside the AC lines to blow air to the passenger vent'?.

V

Venomiss