Strange reaction to Viper from ex...

SHADOW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not searcing for love advice here, but, my ex-girlfriend (5 year relationship) and I have been hanging out lately, and tonight she told me she really does not like my Gen.1 at all. She insisted on taking her Pontiac to dinner, and went on to say that the Viper is uncomfortable, it is a pain to get in and out of, it is 'too much work to be in and park', and she hates that it is so loud, ending by saying that 'her and I just have opposite tastes at this point.' When we were together, she used to get as excited as I did when I told here I was going to own one someday. I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience, I think she is jealous at the attention I get from the car. A waitress basically ignored my ex and told me how 'hot' my car was a few weeks ago. Another girl of the highway pulled up alongside us in traffic and winked at me and my ex was clearly irritated, and as you guys know, the car is constantly noticed, etc. Anyway, it sort of bothers me bec. she knows how much I love the car - do you guys think she is just worked up that I am single with such a nice ride? OK, I am looking for love advice...haha

Dave.

HighlyFanatic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey dave,

If a viper elicts that kinda response it should be of no suprise :laugh:

competition for attention? + insecurity = no fault of your own. enjoy the beast

RedSnakeGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YES SIR! she doesnt like the fact that you get attention from it, plain and simple. smart man you are forreading into it what you did, not so smart for letting her get to you. she isnt your g/f right? just hit it, and move on ;)

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Red Flag buddy :eek:
Sorry Dave,here's the love advice your looking for:
She says no,that means yes.She loves you and your car more than life itself.You should jump through hoops and marry this caring women today.Best wishes :2tu:
PS.Have kids too like the rest of us.
PS2.Strangely the only drawback is the dream you'll have every night of putting your head between your legs and kissing your @SS goodbye!

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know your x g/f, but a lot of women who are stuck on themselves don't want their guy to love anything but them.

They just don't want the competition, and that kind of mentality infects every part of a relationship sooner or later.

On the other hand I used to know guys who'd take the what little extra cash there was in a tight marital budget and go out and buy a new carb or something for their 14 second 'Ubercar'...

Keep that phrase 'opposite tastes' and the fact that she has said it aloud in mind.

THIS (click) is what you should strive for :)

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Didn't put the car away for the winter? Roads near me are full of sand!!!!
By the way, What Adam said.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its only a car.Marry her and next your suits,cologne,hair cut,underwear,furniture,friends etc will become unacceptable to her.I am married and my wife appreciates that I have a girlfriend.I take her out frequently and lavish gifts on her.Her name is GTS. Bruce

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bruce we have a problem. That girlfriend of yours is also cheating with me. Except she wears a silver dress with blue accents when tearing up the town in CT

nomoreGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know exactly what you mean. One time I went to school to pick up my girlfriend and when she came outside there was a crowd of people standing around the GTS she had to fight her way through and then there were some of her friends offering me money to drive them home instead!

SoFlaSRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Basically, you need two girlfriends. There is obviously something you dig about the ex, so keep her around for whatever it is she does that makes you feel good, but leave her at home. Get a second girlfriend that digs making more of a showing to take out. Problem solved!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I remember my wife commenting on how much attention the Viper attracted while driving in the Old Market area of Omaha. I , of course, stated, " Honey, it's not the car, it's the fact that all are envious that a balding , middle aged guy has such a hot blonde sitting next to him." She smiled, told me I was full of poopie, and said it was kinda fun having folks smile at the Snake. What she didn't believe, was true, I felt damn good driving the GTS with my gorgeous wife of 26 years. If your EX-G doesn't realize that she can be Numero Uno Animate Object of your affection, and the RT-10 is Numero Uno Inanimate Object of your affection, then her jealosies are way too self centered. Both can make you happy, and that in turn would make you a pleasant fellow for her to be around. Give to get to give again,her cycle of affection from you could increase with a little understanding of your other, innocent, love affair.

Magicboy2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A woman who's going to be compatible in the long term will love the snake. Tell her that she'll respect the car or else you'll find someone else who will!

And as for the advice " Give to get to give again, her cycle of affection from you could increase", good lord, we're going to have to start calling him Dr. Phil Pemberton.

OP
OP
S

SHADOW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All good points...I took the car out one last time bec. the rain cleared the sand out here since the dude from Wallingford was wondering. I guess I'm over it...see if she comes around...in the meantime, I will be looking for new chics...

OP
OP
S

SHADOW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To the dude in Wallingford - I took it out one last time on Friday night bec. the recent rain cleared the roads pretty good. But anyway, all good adivce, I guess I will keep her around but keep my options open...

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Ooh, tough one. My wife loathes the car - I mean flat out, spit on, red glowing eyes hates the thing (in all fairness it hates her as well - seriously...) BUT she also respected the fact that its my baby and a part of her life whether she likes it or not. If this girl doesn't have the capablity to do the same ditch her and never look back...

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, driving a minivan, a picture of the Viper he used to own in his pocket.
Capitalize on her mistake in letting you get a look at the her of the future.

Run.