Street Etiquette

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best thing to do is to give a wave or nod, that way you don't look snobbish. Some people can become quite upset if you just ignore them.

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1) Turn head toward jealous people.
2) Smile at jealous people.
3) Raise right eyebrow.
4) Tilt head at 30 degree angle... like the rock.
5) Lift right hand slowly extending index finger slightly.
6) Nod head.
7) If you have a gold tooth, open your mouth wide so the sun reflects off of it. Then, shake your head up and down some.
8) Visualize how small their car's front bumber will be in your rear view mirror.
9) Pull away slowly and save some gas......

You're not the guy who waves at people in Porsches but doesn't turn their head at guys in vettes are you? You crack me up....

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tell them the truth:

"It *****! Gets Wheelhop!"

This is very frustrating.

For all that money, the Viper wheelhops ....even on Playstation!!!!

That wouldn't be so bad if you could roll in 1st, throttle in, and rip the tires.

Won't do that either....

Oh....

Finally saw Viper brakes in a posting. I swear my Tbird Turbo had bigger brakes. I think Corvette may have bigger brakes? How 'bout it Z06 guys!

GeeManEeze!

Oh, what do I do? I may rev the engine in neutral or if I'm pulling out, I might throttle all the way into 1st.

Of course, no tire will be laid.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always give them a big grin, rev the engine while they smile even more, and then give it a pretty tame launch. They laugh, I laugh, and we all go home happy. Of course, if it is a guy revving his engine and looking WAY too serious, I will attempt to reach the speed limit more quickly than he does.
laugh.gif

Chris

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a few teenagers follow me into a Kroger parking lot a few nights ago. Of course, this only happened after I gave them quite a show in 2nd and 3rd gear. It was really fun meeting them because they were so fascinated with the car.

Scott J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure most of you have come across the guy or gal in a Toyota truck or Hyundai Elantra that pulls up next to you and revvs their engine. Obviously they want to see how fast the Viper will go. Do you just smile and wave then casually go on your way, ignore them, or entertain their wishes by launching like an astronaut? I tend to ignore them, but also don't want to be rude.

snakoil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I smile and rub two fingers together as if to ask "how much $". The rice burner kids get a good laugh and so do I.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I acknowledge people that are there, and sometimes give a quick launch, depending on their demeanor, etc. One problem I have is that the stereo is often too loud to hear people that are trying to talk to me at stoplights...

Just the other night though, I had a guy and his girl pull up next to me at a light, and he jokingly said "You wanna race?", and I jokingly responded "You first"
smile.gif
Good laugh for everyone. Then I launched ;)

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love it when I pull up in my Viper behind some guy with his wife or girlfriend in the passenger seat, and she pulls down her visor to pretend like she is fixing her makeup in the mirror but really wants to catch a peek at the car in the mirror without her man getting **********. It has happened so many times it is so funny.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Does this happen to you guys too?