stupid question

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This may sound like a dumb question but here goes. I want to wash and wax the car but I want to put a couple of coats of wax on. If I don't put all of the coats of wax on at once and just cover the car, what if anything do I need to do before I want to start waxing the car again? Rewash? Just rinse? or possibly even nothing?

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I have a gap between coats (without driving the car, of course), I usually just run over the car with a microfiber and some detail spray to remove any dust. The detail spray is more for lubrication of the towel than anything else.

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you wash, wax, and then drive.... Wash then wax. Use a non abrasive auto wash and warm water with a microfiber sponge. This will retain as much of the first coat of wax as possible.

If you wash, wax, and stare at it in the garage..... just dust her off with a microfiber towel (clean) and wax.

There are no dumb questions, only dumb people who don't ask.

Check out the thread labled "Those with black cars" for more detailing suggestions. :2tu:

:usa:

Chris(NJ)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heres what I suggest. Mind you, with sealants, we always recommend waiting a minimum of 24 hours between applications, some longer. Carnaubas can usually be layered just about immediately.
If the car sits in the driveway/garage, its still going to be a good idea to at least use a waterless wash like spray n wipe to clean the surface and it only takes 10 or 15 mins to do the car. You dont want to drag around any particles on the surface and risk scratching it. Of course the chances are slim if its garaged, but I know I wont chance it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4