Sunday morning ride

scottmcc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Took my wife out to breakfast this morning and then out for a nice ride along the beaches of Lake Michigan. Very easy driving, never going over 40 MPH.. On our way home I decided to hit the highway. I was at the light waiting for it to turn green.. I am turning onto a 4 lane divided highway from a dead stop.. Light turns green and I accellerate accross the first two lanes and turn onto the highway when all of a sudden my wife starts screaming and yelling that the car is going to turn over. She was yelliing with such panic that I thought I pulled out in front of somebody.. I said what in the hell are you talking about.. I was not even doing 40 MPH.. She was totally convinced that the car would flip over and I told her that I was not aware of any Viper flipping over.
She was not convinced that the car would not flip over and did not want to be the first to flip a viper.. so I was told not to drive like that with her in the car..

Bottom line, no more high speed corners with Wifey in the car. Or No more Wifey in the car...

Anyone else have any stories of Wife or Girlfriend Viper Panic attacks?

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good GAWD ... 40 mph and panic sets in? Was she off her meds? When I took my fantastic wife out for her first ride, I looked over to see her reaction at a 100+ mph pass and she was putting on lipstick. We did a drive with the central Texas Viper group and we were hitting over 130 as a group and her comment was 'This is faster than before, isn't it?'

Panic attack at 40 mph ... even if that's sliding SIDEWAYS, she needs to calm down!

1994viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine loves the Viper, but has a problem holding her head straight while I accelerate. She keeps on telling me that she is hitting her head against a headrest. :( I kind of feel bad for her. None the less she loves the turns, the ones I even scared of. Did 2 nice ones today. On ramp and off highway ramp. Last year I took her as a pasenger to a road course, that one she didn't like much for some reason. None the less, now that she has earned my trust, I am sending her to a school to learn how to drive 6 speed next week. Than she will know what its all about. May be buy her one too later on. :)

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine loves the Viper, but has a problem holding her head straight while I accelerate. She keeps on telling me that she is hitting her head against a headrest. :( I kind of feel bad for her. None the less she loves the turns, the ones I even scared of. Did 2 nice ones today. On ramp and off highway ramp. Last year I took her as a pasenger to a road course, that one she didn't like much for some reason. None the less, now that she has earned my trust, I am sending her to a school to learn how to drive 6 speed next week. Than she will know what its all about. May be buy her one too later on. :)

Good luck with that. Sounds like she may be able to get into it and actually enjoy a sports car. As for hitting the head rest ... there is an easy solution. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. I expect my wifes head to be back so I can see the mirrors and she does that (most of the time) without questioning it.

SST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Similar story for me. I was at 127 in a Vette and my girlfriend (now wife) was thumbing through her book.

Thats when I knew I needed to marry this one.

Good GAWD ... 40 mph and panic sets in? Was she off her meds? When I took my fantastic wife out for her first ride, I looked over to see her reaction at a 100+ mph pass and she was putting on lipstick. We did a drive with the central Texas Viper group and we were hitting over 130 as a group and her comment was 'This is faster than before, isn't it?'

Panic attack at 40 mph ... even if that's sliding SIDEWAYS, she needs to calm down!

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine drives as much as I do. She even got bit by the track bug this spring. We are both drivers and she trusts me but is only as good a passenger as I am.:D

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine used to street race my corvette..i always thought it would be kool to be in a mustang or camaro and roll up on a cammed c5 vette with an asian women wanting to race.....shes been in the viper with me up to 160 mph a few times

motor602

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mine screamed like crazy from 0-100, however after returning to a safe speed promply said, "let's do that again!"

...shes a keeper.

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought this was your wife...;)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiaB2_nf1h4&feature=related[/media]

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are not alone...

My wife hates my car and will not ride in it!!!! Too loud, too fast and it makes me "drive crazy"... LOL, (Yep, I drive like that too).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
userSRTbro_