Super Pro Street at Bowling Green....Life is good as it gets !!!!!!!

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a very tough competition....there were some extremely fast cars there! The only thing that was missing was the weather..... it was very HOT, in the 80's to mid 80's.The only other thing that was missing was traction.

10Bowling_Green_2004_Burn_out.jpg

I had fought my way into the semi finals, but my next run was against SW.....one of the toughest most respected and most reliable drivers in the Viper community. Well I was up for the challenge of my life. I got staged and set for the "Sheek" to roll in,and get down to run the toughest of the tough. SW tried to shake me, I had both staging lights set and was ready. He pulled into triggering the first light and flickering the second light to see if I would take the bait and jump before the starter; started the lights. Just to cause me to RED light......but NO I held my ground.

Let the race begin......

BANG......

My reaction time was a .120 on the pro tree.

Our 60 ft's were: SW had a 1.626 and mine was a 1.646.

At the 1/8, SW was 6.721 @ 105.80 mph to the Cudaman's 6.765 @ 107.33 mph. We were still tight at the 1000 ft SW was 8.708 and the Cudaman was 8.707.... I was still determined to battle on........ At the end I had run 10.309 @142.45 mph

That was an adrenalin rushing race to make it into the finals...... Thank you SW for a awesome race......I am still emotional about it!!!!!!!

I was in the FINALS ...... UNBELIVABLE...... heeeeee haaaaaaa
I guess you could say I was happy about being there!!!!!!

IT IS SHOW TIME.......

The FINALS......

Cudaman battling the other toughest most respected and most reliable drivers in the Viper community.....

"Big Gun" Scott Wieck

The pressure was on......

We both did our burn outs and were staged and ready to ROCK.

"Big Gun" Scott Wieck treed me, he got a .197 reaction time to mine .329 time, but I was not going to back down.

Scott had Guned me to the 60 ft, he had 1.548 to the Cudaman's 1.590

It was time for me to put up or settle for second place...... I was ready give it all I could......

At the 330 ft, "Big Gun" Scott Wieck was 1.405 to my 4.372...... WOW I had caught him!

At the 1/8 mile "Big Gun" Scott Wieck was 6.732 @ 98.8 mph to the Cudaman's 6.596 @ 112.07 mph .....Holy Smokes I am FLYING!!!!!!!

AT the 1000 ft I am still flying 8.499 and "Big Gun" Scott Wieck was 8.77

At the traps Cudaman was 10.078 @ 144.1 and "Big Gun" Scott Wieck 10.432 was A 137.32 mph.

I was sooooo Happy....... I had WON !!!!!!!!!

Scott, I am sorry I did not see you at the end of the race, I wanted to shake your hand ...... THANKS for a KILLER RACE!!!!!!

If that would have been any other track I would have made my first 9 sec pass.... oh well

Still I was so damn happy for running that fast in mid 80's @ 2:34 pm

10Bowling_Green_2004_004.jpg

Thank you Larry Macedo of Macedo Motorsports for building such a strong motor!!!!

My car between rounds had no ice (ooops..forgot to get ice on the way to the track) or fans to put on it to cool the motor ....just opened the hood and let the 80 degree weather beat down on the motor.

Cudaman :usa:

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Super Pro Street at Bowling Green....Life is good as it gets !!!!!!!

Cudaman,
Those are some amazing runs! :headbang: You have to give a run down of your mods as 144 MPH out of a Roe blower is insane. How big of a shot are you using and are you still running the VEC2?

OP
OP
C

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Cudaman,
Those are some amazing runs! :headbang: You have to give a run down of your mods as 144 MPH out of a Roe blower is insane. How big of a shot are you using and are you still running the VEC2?

Yes.......I am still running the Vec 2 and a 65 shot primarily to cool the S/C ....no water/ methanol injection or no inter cooler.

OP
OP
C

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I want to thank Tony Armour(1Tony1) and Mike Robbins for the power steering bracket with out that I would not have made the race. :2tu:

I broke that the day before in the semi finals of the drag radial shoot out.....10.42 @ 142 mph was best with no VHT. Tony was running against me in Super Pro Sreet, when he had bad luck and had transmission/ clutch problems. But Tony took the bracket off his car and installed it on my car, so I could run in the rest of the competition.

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

I want to thank Tony Armour(1Tony1) and Mike Robbins for the power steering bracket with out that I would not have made the race. :2tu:

I broke that the day before in the semi finals of the drag radial shoot out.....10.42 @ 142 mph was best with no VHT. Tony was running against me in Super Pro Sreet, when he had bad luck and had transmission/ clutch problems. But Tony took the bracket off his car and installed it on my car, so I could run in the rest of the competition.

Great job Cudaman, you more than deserved this win, you drove like a rock star. Other than Dr. Roof, I don't think there is anyone that has been more committed to going to the V10 National races, inspite of more than you fair share of driveline woes. Tony Armour and Mike Robbins are good people, that shows what a stong group we are. Way to go.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456