Supercharging question....

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just found this listing on FeeBay:

Dodge : Viper - eBay (item 270687287688 end time Jan-23-11 20:18:21 PST)

A supercharged '01 with 12k miles, for 39K? Is this a deal or no deal?

Not sure what kind of mods need to be made to an engine for it to be able to handle a supercharger...seems like a good deal, but not sure if this would be a risky buy or not...so maybe I should have posted this question in the Newbie section? :dunno:

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends on if it has a built engine. That could be the difference of $20,000 in mods. I would not buy it if it was the OEM cream puff engine just because of the nitrous I see in the pictures with the Paxton Supercharger.

Just read the listing. Says it has $20K in upgrades. I say it does not have a built engine then.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
616 is not a built motor, id bet that.

that car looks familiar...someone might know more but i remember something up with it. just not sure what

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That car is actually owned by a member on here. He made a post about a while ago, I guess it still hasn't sold...

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Description says the "Motor alone" is 700HP so that would indicate to me that Motor + Blower + Nitrous > 616rwhp I like how they strategically sprinkled DC Performance into the description. Maybe the number is a typo? Seems low for a built/blown motor.

OP
OP
Z

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That car is actually owned by a member on here. He made a post about a while ago, I guess it still hasn't sold...

I'm considering it pretty seriously....instead of the stock '02. Would like to know if anyone knows of any issues with it. It is in the Classified section here too.....

OP
OP
Z

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just sent the seller an email asking about internal engine mods. We'll see what he says.

Thanks, but I just got off the phone with him and he doesn't know a whole lot...he was surprised that this was listed on VCA classifieds. I am trying to get ahold of DC Performance to see if they have any history on this....:dunno:

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Something isn't meshing on the quoted HP numbers. According to the original dyno sheet I have on my car, it was 589 at the wheels with just a blower and exhaust.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone tell me what this part/unit is and does?? It's one of the photos from the listing.
Thanks
Sal

Attachments

• Paxton part.jpg
    Paxton part.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 157

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The unit on the right is the split second box which should be moved out of the engine bay. Mine was there and got to hot. Had to buy a new one $700 and rewired it under the drives seat.

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone tell me what this part/unit is and does?? It's one of the photos from the listing.
Thanks
Sal

Box on the right is the Paxton computer for running the additional fuel pumps and playing with the timing and such.

The box on the left looks like either a speedo recal box or possibly a nitrous control unit.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats why it looked familiar...... be careful with this one.

search, search, hurry up and search.

OP
OP
Z

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been searching, talking to Mike, talking to DC performance, searching some more...and it's just not adding up...

If anyone knows who "tmoney" is, then my dilemma will be solved...:clap2:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang