Supertuned Gen 4 Viper beats ZR1 and 599 Ferrari

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I modded my GTS so I wouldnt get spanked by cars that are "close" in performance. Really surprises 'em, and I love it!

~590 rwhp, ~580rwtq

Goes from 0-to-handcuffs in 3 seconds.

LOL now thats funny. 0-handcuffs in 3 seconds...LOL

probally 0-65 mph in 3 seconds. Thats gotta be a beastly car to drive. Congrats

dipapa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These results are as expected.

The ZR1 needs a tune...The 599 really lights up right outta the factory.

Good to see with little modification ACR gets much faster.

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Point of the thread and video wasn't to compare stock to stock. Title of the thread says it very clearly. They got beat. Period. If they don't like it, they can mod their cars as well. Debating the cost, mods, if this then that, is pointless. Never understood it.

Well, if that is the case... unimpressed. :lmao:

Title may as well been, "Viper beats Isuzu Rodeo". Hey it beat it, "by an inch or a mile... winning is winning", correct? :drive:

tzortzViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
GTO is 670hp and maybe lighter than the ACR. Uses paddle shifters and has less drag than the ACR.

It is amazing for this little modded ACR to beat the GTO that easily.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTO is 670hp and maybe lighter than the ACR. Uses paddle shifters and has less drag than the ACR.

It is amazing for this little modded ACR to beat the GTO that easily.

Let us not forget that these gen4's are VERY under rated. A car listed as 600 crank HP that actually dynoes 530-570 rwhp.

Wouldnt surprise me at all if the 670 HP Ferrari dynos 570-590 rwhp.

It blows my mind how worked up we all get over the gen5 when the gen4 is simply a monster right here and now. People hitting 600 rwhp with a few bolt ons and mopar tune on a regular bases. 600 rwhp is 670 crank HP all day:usa::headbang:

tzortzViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Let us not forget that these gen4's are VERY under rated. A car listed as 600 crank HP that actually dynoes 530-570 rwhp.

Wouldnt surprise me at all if the 670 HP Ferrari dynos 570-590 rwhp.

It blows my mind how worked up we all get over the gen5 when the gen4 is simply a monster right here and now. People hitting 600 rwhp with a few bolt ons and mopar tune on a regular bases. 600 rwhp is 670 crank HP all day:usa::headbang:

I agree, looks like we dont need paddle shifters... :D

:headbang:

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
661hp 3500+ lbs with trick transmission. The GTO has beatable stats even compared to a stock ACR or ZR1. Not surprised a mildly modded ACR beat it up. Surprised the ZR1 didn't do better given it's lighter weight by about 200+ lbs. Oh well. Sometimes what's on paper doesn't translate on the street.

Btw I would have much prefered to see roadcourse lap times between these three, same day, instead of just the straight-line stuff only.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
661hp 3500+ lbs with trick transmission. The GTO has beatable stats even compared to a stock ACR or ZR1. Not surprised a mildly modded ACR beat it up. Surprised the ZR1 didn't do better given it's lighter weight by about 200+ lbs. Oh well. Sometimes what's on paper doesn't translate on the street especially with these new super fast transmissions that really make the most of any cars engine performance.

Btw I would have much prefered to see roadcourse lap times between these three, same day, instead of just the straight-line stuff only.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Let's see ----------fastest verified production car at Nurburgring ( 2008 ACR )
fastest production car at Laguna Seca ( 2010 ACR )
fastest production car at Miller Motorsports Park ( 2009 ACR )
Uh, what was the question?

PS - stock for stock the ACR was only 3 seconds faster than a ZR-1 at Miller , hmmmmm...

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score

PS - stock for stock the ACR was only 3 seconds faster than a ZR-1 at Miller , hmmmmm...

Thats what I'm saying Bill, and no disrespect to owners of ZR1's on this forum, but something just doesn't add up with that car.

The ZR1 does have more hp, carbon brakes, better trans ratios, magna-whatever shocks and I do think it weighs a hair less than an ACR. Some cars just have something missing, regardless of how good they look on paper.

3 seconds at Miller is an eternity...I was not aware of that. Good job ACR :headbang:

Cheers,
George

Toma

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats guys!! That is cool to see.

On a side note, last week we dyno tested (just a before and after test, nothing else on our part) a Gen IV with ported heads from.... somewhere else.... and promptly LOST 30 torque, and MAYBE picked up 7 or 8 hp right at the top.

Owner is piiissssed lol.

Toma

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Was it only 3 seconds faster? Heard they went 4 ?? :drive:

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'll tell you what does add up, with the old big block quote, "There's no replacement for displacement." lol

Kind of... but the 599 has 6.0L and is pushing a lot of power for the size. Heck my 8.0L V10 can't push that power without a lot more done to it, kind of sad actually. The ZR1 could have been heat soaked. Hey, they needed a poweradder, they just have to accept the cons. :drive:

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
fastestlaps dot com / track 2 dot html

The fastest street legal production car, (not including the little carbon fiber go carts only legal is some places like the UK, with no roofs, no wipers, etc), would be-

drum roll, please.....

The Gumpert Apollo. Legal worldwide.

Sure, it's beat-it-with-a-stick ugly, Sure, it's only made in tiny numbers, Sure, it's prohibitively expensive, but none of those things are what the contest is about. The question at hand is, What is the fastest street legal production car on the planet at the Ring? It's not the ACR, check the stats. Sure, you could justify the ACR, and discredit the other two faster cars, with talk of looks, price, etc, but then the argument become "What is the best value?", or "What can you realistically afford to own?", and the conversation is no longer "What is the fastest street legal production car on the Ring?"

I don't mind the performance-vs-price argument at all! I love the ACR, love the fact that it's American, and is right there at the top of the list, along with hyperexotics, and I love the fact that it beat many cars costing much, much more.

But it would be dishonest to say the ACR is the fastest around the Ring, because that's simply not true.

The Gen5 has it's work cut out for it. It's like the early days of MMA are over, when you could win with just great wrestling, or just great striking. Nowadays, an MMA fighter must have great Brazilian Ju-Jitsu, great MuayTai, great ground game, great boxing, etc. The newer fighters are more well rounded, and would make Gracie and Shamrock quiver in their boots. In like manner,

It's a different era now, and the Gen 5 must do all things well. I'm waiting with great anticipation, to see if Dodge brings their A-game.

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL. There is a reason the Ferrari costs $400K. Go look over a car like that for an hour and you will see the time/R&D/engineering that went into it far exceeds anything that has ever come out of Dodge. Sorry but, you can't dis a car just because it costs alot and loses a race. Yes of course the Viper is awesome and I loved watching it but, ffs give credit where credit is due. How far did they race up to? What speed? The ACR was only rated at 17X MPH with the wing/canards/downforce right? Doesn't the GTO go well over 200? Also, did they start the same and were the drivers both good? I'm not trying to be negative, and I know the Viper would probably win anyway, but, that race looks like they went from 40-100...which to me really isn't a race...and at those speeds, the advantage would be all Viper. Lets see 40-180...lol...

BTW...The ZR1 that got beat by 3 seconds...was it the same driver in each car? If not, then that race is pointless because of the skill levels...unless both drivers were strictly professionals.

I also had a question about the 599 being the fastest Ferrari ever built on the road. Isn't the Enzo faster?

Last edited:

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL. There is a reason the Ferrari costs $400K. Go look over a car like that for an hour and you will see the time/R&D/engineering that went into it far exceeds anything that has ever come out of Dodge. Sorry but, you can't dis a car just because it costs alot and loses a race. Yes of course the Viper is awesome and I loved watching it but, ffs give credit where credit is due. How far did they race up to? What speed? The ACR was only rated at 17X MPH with the wing/canards/downforce right? Doesn't the GTO go well over 200? Also, did they start the same and were the drivers both good? I'm not trying to be negative, and I know the Viper would probably win anyway, but, that race looks like they went from 40-100...which to me really isn't a race...and at those speeds, the advantage would be all Viper. Lets see 40-180...lol...

BTW...The ZR1 that got beat by 3 seconds...was it the same driver in each car? If not, then that race is pointless because of the skill levels...unless both drivers were strictly professionals.

I also had a question about the 599 being the fastest Ferrari ever built on the road. Isn't the Enzo faster?

Just last month a Viper went 240+ in the standing mile, where are the Ferrari’s standing mile speeds? Of course, that Viper was also SUPER tuned. =D
Yes, could be driver but what about traction? Traction would be the one thing that would cost you the race most of all out of these cars.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
The Gen5 needs speed variable downforce, and all-wheel drive, to trounce the Gumpert at the Ring.
No, too expensive? Yes, that's right, and Dodge will never do it.

So the best we can hope for is a great, but reasonably priced car that can be modded to to hell.
That's the market position of the Viper, and it's demographics. And that's me, too, always cheering for the home team.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just last month a Viper went 240+ in the standing mile, where are the Ferrari’s standing mile speeds? Of course, that Viper was also SUPER tuned. =D
Yes, could be driver but what about traction? Traction would be the one thing that would cost you the race most of all out of these cars.

soon as SW decides to take one of his ferrari's out and run that, it will be there likely

OP
OP
D

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the interest in this post. The car in question was not highly modified and had an exhaust and intake manifold change.

I work on many track prepped supercars and some have more personality and are much easier to drive than the ACR, but at 9/10th's the Viper is at the top of the heap.