SVS N/A Viper vs Corvette C6-Z06

TheMeat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What mods exactly are done to each car?

Kinda odd the guy in the Z06 didn't move his elbow from the door/window sill.

Ray.

Ivory

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice run, but the Viper is modified and the Vette... Well if it's stock, it's not really a fair run.

Don't mean to bad mouth anyone, just an observation. Anyhow, both are nice cars.

Ivory

03gobluecobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That vette kept up pretty decent for have 150rwhp less. Gearing and weight pay off until the really high speeds.

Custom Builder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ryan's (Shank) new Z looks great. Only mods he has is lowering and powder coated wheels. Didn't it have like 50 miles on it when you raced?

ROGUE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ryan's (Shank) new Z looks great. Only mods he has is lowering and powder coated wheels. Didn't it have like 50 miles on it when you raced?

Was just a tick over 350 when we were at streets thursday so it's barely broken in. Car looks great in person :2tu:

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it is a perfectly fair run since the new Vette comes from the factory already modded. It is a great feeling pulling on cars like that. I raced a black ZO6 on a 2 lane highway a couple of weeks ago and the SOB took off on the second beep of my horn! I still put a hurtin on him but what an ass.
Nice video Ron.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice run, but the Viper is modified and the Vette... Well if it's stock, it's not really a fair run.

Don't mean to bad mouth anyone, just an observation. Anyhow, both are nice cars.

Ivory
Well said!!! Lets modify the Vette equally then go again.

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it is a perfectly fair run since the new Vette comes from the factory already modded. It is a great feeling pulling on cars like that. I raced a black ZO6 on a 2 lane highway a couple of weeks ago and the SOB took off on the second beep of my horn! I still put a hurtin on him but what an ass.
Nice video Ron.

"Already Modded Stock"??? :crazy:

Can you say OxyMoron?? lol

Please Tell me that is a joke?? HAHAHA

That Z06 got *****, nice run. :2tu:

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to sound like a whiner, but I am really NOT a fan of street racing. And, in fact, I thought that this board (unlike the all*y) had an explicit policy against condoning street racing.

So did I enjoy the video? Not as much as I would have enjoyed the part where you splatter yourself through the windshield for doing something stupid. Then we wouldn't have to worry about you recklessly endangering the lives of other people anymore. Hopefully there wouldn't be any collateral damage... and with any luck, you'd survive [long] enough to realize that street racing kills.

My favorite part is where you show the license plate number of the guy you are racing in the video. Maybe this way a cop can watch the video and you can both go to jail. What is that tag number on the Z06?... Illinois F19 8176? And if I got one digit wrong, there can't be that many dark colored Z06's with plate numbers close to that.

Put another way, save it for the track.

JD

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kind of cruel and unusual punishment isn't that Joseph?

I mean anyone accelerating at rates other motorists aren't used to seeing and calculating is endangering someone else.

If you've never passed a little too vigorously, accelerated from a stop or after turning a corner in a spirited manner, or entered a freeway at a higher rate than prudent/legal, you might have a point.

Tell us you've never done anything with all that HP that would have gotten a policeman's attention..OR should fate have pointed at your luck that day, might have had you careening off the road into your particular destiny..?

One car at illegal speeds or rates of acceleration is just about as bad as 2 people street racing.

Boo & shame

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not in the viper. I save it for the track.

But there is a VERY big difference between going fast on an on-ramp and planning to go out on a street (with a video camera for chr*st sake!) to endager people.

It isn't about legality... it is about safety. And the more power my car has, the more I respect it as well as other people's desire to live.

I don't street race and anyone who does doesn't deserve their license.

BTW - of course the link doesn't work. If I were a customer and my license plate # were posted out there for all to see, I'd be pretty ticked.

That's ok... I saved my copy of the video.

JD

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with FE 65 come on JD relax. Like you have'nt gotten on your Viper anytime. Give me a break!

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big difference between street racing and "getting on it once in a while". you get pulled over for driving fast when you get caught getting on it once in a while. you go to jail for street racing.

tell it to the little kids who die when someone street racing kills them.

Obviously, something i said struck a chord, as the video is no longer up...

JD

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
JD, so what you are saying is you have never made a pull on the highway to speeds greater than 65mph? Obviously, there is no way to logically argue for street racing as it is against the law an potentially dangerous... But with that said, step down from the high horse.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never street raced nor would I! I only know personally three dead people who were "collateral damage" in a street race. I don't plan on adding any more to the count.

And confusing accellation with street racing doesn't make anyone sound smarter.

I'm not on a high horse here. Street racing kills. You want to dispute that? Or you want to try to turn this into a personal attack on me questioning whether I've ever accellerated on an on-ramp? BIIIIIIIIIIIIG difference.

If you want to ask if I've ever street raced, then the answer is no. That is what the track is for.

Want to continue fighting over SVS promoting street racing?

JD

ROGUE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Want to continue fighting over SVS promoting street racing?

JD

I won't get into my feelings on the racing situation, don't feel like being that hypocritical right now...

But I do have to agree with Joseph on this one thing. A big name tuner is here advocating, and even PROMOTING (due to their logo in the video) of illegal highway street racing. That makes us all look like a bunch of reckless dikcheads. Heck there was a huge debacle on another viper forum where SVS was talking some major chit to another tuner because he, while driving a CUSTOMERS CAR wouldn't line up and race Emil's SVS N/A car.

In the very least it seems excessively irresponsible for a big name tuner to be supporting such behiavor.

Landman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Joseph,
How fast have you had your Viper on the street?? I think it's a little harsh saying it would be great to see someone die in a street racing video because they are racing. Yeah, that would certainly make the video better!
Sounds like you need to be driving a Ford Explorer.
I don't agree with street racing, it does kill, but on a 2 mile open stretch I don't think it's bad to open it up either. I didn't see the video, so maybe it was in a bunch of traffic. Easiest put, if you don't like a topic, skip it and go to one you like! The video couldn't have been too bad if you kept a copy for yourself!

ROGUE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joseph,
How fast have you had your Viper on the street?? I think it's a little harsh saying it would be great to see someone die in a street racing video because they are racing. Yeah, that would certainly make the video better!
I don't agree with street racing, it does kill, but on a 2 mile open stretch I don't think it's bad to open it up either. I didn't see the video, so maybe it was in a bunch of traffic. Easiest put, if you don't like a topic, skip it and go to one you like! The video couldn't have been too bad if you kept a copy for yourself!

Hate to be a ball breaker, but I have gone out with these guys MANY times, and it's not some desolate 10 mile baron highway. Don't be making out any of the involved parties to be saints by any stretch.

Josephs' point is not the circumstances to make everyone feel warm and fuzzy about it... it's the fact that a viper tuner is advoating and promoting street raing. It gives the entire community as a whole a bad reputation we don't need. If individuals want to talk about it in private thats one thing, but for a TUNER to come here promoting it is way across the line IMO.

PS. I see that SVS has chosen to remove the video. I'll have it back up shortly for all to view.

ROGUE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rule number 8
8. The Viper Club of America nor its sponsors condone illegal street racing. As such, there will be no posts promoting or reporting such activity. This includes descriptions, pictures, or videos. The VCA encourages you to "take it to the track" and drive safely

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Defend away... Street Racing is just plain dangerous. the conditions are unpredictable and even an "open stretch" isn't clear of all debris. a 'bump' at 150 is a bit different than a bump at 50mph. And the video clearly shows street traffic.

You almost pegged me... I sold the explorer and now drive a Tahoe.

Copy of video = evidence. It wasn't that good, though. hardly worth the space on the disk drive.

Why is it that in this forum, people are so defensive of the right to be dangerous? I don't care about the breaking the law part here... we are talking about the lives of innocent people who just happen to be there when the idiots are street racing.

If they went to the track, or had a section of road closed off, you'd get a few 'atta-boys' from me. but the mob mentality here defending a) street racing and b) a site sponsor promoting street racing, is pretty offensive.

JD

Joseph,

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Defend away::

Why is it that in this forum, people are so defensive of the right to be dangerous? I don't care about the breaking the law part here... we are talking about the lives of innocent people who just happen to be there when the idiots are street racing.
JD

I do not think the people on this forum are defending street racing and I know I am not promoting it. I also agree that it is stupid for a tuner to post a video like this as it clearly against the law.

What made me post, was the fact that you are coming down on a single high way pull very hard as if you have never broken the speed limit in your Viper. Street racing is wrong, but are you to have us believe that you have never taken your viper up to 100mph on a public road? If you honestly haven't, and maybe you haven't, then continue throwing stones. If you have... Then you put people in danger yourself.

ROGUE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Defend away::

JD

I do not think the people on this forum are defending street racing and I know I am not promoting it. I also agree that it is stupid for a tuner to post a video like this as it clearly against the law.

What made me post, was the fact that you are coming down on a single high way pull very hard as if you have never broken the speed limit in your Viper. Street racing is wrong, but are you to have us believe that you have never taken your viper up to 100mph on a public road? If you honestly haven't, and maybe you haven't, then continue throwing stones. If you have... Then you put people in danger yourself.

Ok GIVE ME A FLIPPIN BREAK HERE! Do you REALLY think that it was a SINGLE pull? Come on now. Just to clue you in from someone who hangs out with this crowd on a regular basis. It isn't a single pull, If I had to guess they made runs like this for at least a few hours that night.

Like I said, save the church bells, angels singing bullchit. I know Joseph pretty well and he's not the type to make up stories. I personally have done quite a bit of dumb stuff on the highway. But that doesn't make it right for a big $$$$ tuner to be out promoting illegal racing, reckless driving, and a host of other dangerous issues, endangering the lives of innocent people just for the sake of benefiting their business... and when only racing a bone stock corvette thats not even broken in yet no less. Pretty f-in pitiful if you ask me. :bonker:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4