Sweet Stereo Set up. *PICS*

notixplz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cool, but a little over the top for me...

You must be registered for see images attach

Vehicle Image

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
too much fiberglass for me. It would be a pita to change out the fuel pumps in that car. The gen 3 snake looks high and like it's sticking it's tounge out.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hard to tell from the pics but is rear visibility compromised any by the height of the fiberglass decking?

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmmm....

'Can you put the Gen III Viper logo in the center?'

'sure'

*two weeks later*

'oh wow, that looks...wait what's that?'

'well I thought about the whole snake thing in the middle, kinda seemed a little to evil. So we made a few adjustments and I decided that it be cuter if we did a frog instead! but if you look at it upside down, man...that is one really ********** Daffy Duck!'

:D

--RS

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think the front speaker grills are interesting, I appreciate the work that went into it but its out of place in the viper and I think the big in your face stereo set up fade has come and gone, I do like the little 10 inch sub enclosures that cover the vent. I would rework it so it does not block them and I would place the amps on a removable amp rack that sits on top of the spare tire for a more cleaner/refined look. Just my opinion

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice, but speakers are facing the wrong way. :) It would have been me 12 years ago.

Those are subwoofers so it doesn't matter which direction they're facing. But they are blocking the vents....... :rolleyes:

GTSnake You are partly correct you will still have working subs that produce good bass but in a hatch environment if you position them facing back towards the glass at a similar angle of the hatch you will have a longer sound wave producing deeper harder hitting bass, facing subs opposite of each other will cancel out some sound waves as well as shorting up the wave before it hits your ears, but you if you are not going for a DB competition and practicability the location over the vents are the best compromise, just need to rework them for the vents

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think the front speaker grills are interesting, I appreciate the work that went into it but its out of place in the viper and I think the big in your face stereo set up fade has come and gone, I do like the little 10 inch sub enclosures that cover the vent. I would rework it so it does not block them and I would place the amps on a removable amp rack that sits on top of the spare tire for a more cleaner/refined look. Just my opinion

removable amp rack, now that's a great idea...:2tu:

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTSnake You are partly correct you will still have working subs that produce good bass but in a hatch environment if you position them facing back towards the glass at a similar angle of the hatch you will have a longer sound wave producing deeper harder hitting bass, facing subs opposite of each other will cancel out some sound waves as well as shorting up the wave before it hits your ears, but you if you are not going for a DB competition and practicability the location over the vents are the best compromise, just need to rework them for the vents

Umm, I'd have to disagree somewhat. My sub is facing up towards the hatch and almost parallel to the angle of the glass. I do have some cancellation which I didn't intend when I built my sub enclosure. The vibrations are bouncing off the glass and reflecting straight back into the sub which creates the cancellation. If you have two subs facing each other but off axis as the two in the picture you will not have much cancellation. If they are directly facing each other then you will have much more cancellation.

No matter how the subs are positioned the blocking of the vents are going to create more problems than some bass cancellation.