Swirl Prevention ?

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mr Clean left a film on my black car that I had a difficult time getting off. I have seen other threads on other forums where people have had the same experience.

just an FYI.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mr Clean forces you to use their soap as well, and as I understand it, their soap strips your wax off. Their soap has some sort of sheeting agent to help get the water off. The filters also wear out quickly.

As said in another post, I went with a Spotless system...makes life easy. I cannot imagine being without it.

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use it, but only for the water filter to do the final rinse. The water in Vegas is terrible, so I wash the car with a bucket and soft cloth and rinse it really well. Then I do another rinse with the Mr. Clean and use the filter so it doesn't spot as bad. I also put 55 gallon trash bags over the tires and rims to keep the water from spotting them as well. I just got a leaf blower, so that should help with the scratches from drying by hand. Don't get too crazy about it though; it's just a car and if you put it on too high of a pedistal you'll be too woried about it to enjoy driving.

Did you see the video a while back about the $5,000 car wash? I think a lot of that was for bragging rights at the country club, but if you're to the point where you're THAT uptight you just need to go ahead and encase it in glass and never drive it again.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I only wash the wheels.

I use a cali duster and this once a week, with their mega plush towels.

No swirls.

http://www.poorboysworld.com/spray-wipe.htm

Are you serious? I've always wanted to try a waterless system, but been afraid. What if you get caught in the rain or your Viper gets a bit more dirty than simple dust? You still only use this stuff? More details please....

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have been using it for years.

On other car detailing sites people have done a lot of tests with this. It is like a quick detailer on steriods. I am swirl free. Now, if you have caked on mud, you should wash. I car dust every day to every other day. My car is a daily driver. I use it once a week. Even after a rain I use it.

Use the leading edge of the towel to pick up the dirt/dust not the center of the towel.

Try it fo a while on your second car, and report back here.

OP
OP
G

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just recently purchased a CR Spotless system,it works great and allows me to blow dry my car with a leaf blower.I do not use towels to dry,and any water left leaves no residue unless the wind is blowing up the dust. If you could find a dust free environment you could leave the car wet w/o spots appearing.I think I spent 300.00 on the system with extra filter media,not bad when you figure how much the Viper cost,I have been really impressed with it.I heard all the negative comments about its effectiveness before I bought,but so far it has worked exactly as advertised.As soon as I use the orbital on the car I am going to quit quick detailing and only touch the paint when I wax or wash,to see if that decreases marks in the paint.Only downside is that my wife figured out it doesnt leave residues on the windows so now I'm washing windows on a regular basis.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have finally perfected the process of avoiding the marks on my Black Mamba, I too was the only one that could see the marks on the car, everyone else said the paint looked awesome. Of course everyone else wasn't looking at it under 8 banks of unshielded flourescent lights. I traded it in last week on a red and white coupe, much more forgiving and a lot less stressful :2tu:
I might be able to get away with only one coat of Zaino :eek:

OP
OP
G

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AH HA! Thats the ticket What you can't see won't bother you!I'm afraid that's the only solution for people who drive their cars AND are anal! :bonker:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang