Tators Dodge (Pics from today 4/14)

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took my car up to Chuck Tators today for servicing and some brake work, thought those of you who have heard of the Wizard but have never seen his dealership might like to see some pics. My buddy CB has the Red/White FE he joined me for the trip up from Long Island.

Arrival 7:45am
8486Arrival-med.jpg

Tators Dodge Front (Chuck is tellling CB to go away and come back at 8:00am
when he opens...j/k Chuck :2tu:
8486TatersFront1-med.jpg

Pulling in bay
8486StartWork-med.jpg

Chucks main man Rob pulling the wheels (Rob's a master mechanic)
8486Rob-med.jpg

8486Rob1-med.jpg

Chuck and CB
8486ChuckCB-med.jpg

Chucks shop is always busy and full of Vipers
It's the cleanest most organized shop you have ever seen
I think CB is shoplifting here... :)
8486BusyShop-med.jpg
8486BusyShop1-med.jpg

My butt up on lift (don't know what's up with the wierd plate reflections)
8486MyAssEnd-med.jpg

After I was done Chuck, Rob and CB checked out something on CB's car
8486CBGroup1-med.jpg

As always Chuck Tator does great work at fair prices and is worth the trip from anywhere to have your car done right!

96 B&W GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
does he also sell new cars and trucks? Looks small as compaired to dealerships here in Miami?

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
does he also sell new cars and trucks? Looks small as compaired to dealerships here in Miami?
SIZE don't matter when you're THE MAN. Chuck has a first class shop where he works. THUMBS UP :2tu: to THE WIZARD

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Smaller but much better atmosphere than over in FL or anywhere else with the huge dealers. At Tator's you can kick back and relax, at huge dealers they want you out ASAP.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank You Jon! Nice pics! :cool:
Brakes better?

Thanks Adrian!

Hi Jesse,
Yes I am a VERY small Dodge Dealer and I am the LAST original family owned & operated Dodge Dealer at 92 years! :usa: I'm the third generation doing it with four employees!! :crazy: If you ever need OEM parts for your Viper or have any Tech questions, don't hesitate to call me! :cool:

Keith :2tu:

Chad :(

GT40DOC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those were way cool pics and I know a lot more about the Wizard now. Thanks

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tator's Dodge is different.
It's a throwback to when a persons word meant something, and business was done with a handshake. Not like today. How many businesses do you know that would just mail you a bill like Chuck and not worry about being paid on the spot. NONE.

8486TatorsDodge-med.jpg

sn8kbyt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No other dealership would let you hang out near your car during service, nor would they take the time to explain what they are doing so you learn as they go along. It's like having a private Tech Session every time you bring the car up to Tators. Chuck and Rob will answer any question and address any concerns you may have and always with a great disposition.In this world where mediocrity is the norm they will have non of it. They are worth the hour drive !! C.B. F/E 2002

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aught to trademark and franchise it...be infectious across the country if the hometown service ethos carried across to each location. To me, its not the "rock bottom price" that matters, but more importantly, what happens after I leave the dealership. Somehow that has been lost with the conglomerates of dealership...oh yea, "Five Star dealership"...right...doesn't the "dealer" always win...??? Need to get away from the dealership mentality and back to creating relationships with the buying public. Good on'ya Tator. Never met, but reputations tends to be enduring and you've got one that has stood the test of time!!

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at CB getting in there turning some wrenches. Looks like he's doing a good job, shadowed by two great Viper instructors.
8486CBGroup1-med.jpg

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tator's Dodge is different.
How many businesses do you know that would just mail you a bill like Chuck and not worry about being paid on the spot. NONE.

Amen to that! I was blown away when I ordered a new fuel pump. I didn't get around to installing it for a couple of weeks. When I finally got around to opening the box I found the invoice with my balance due. Duh! I would do business with Chuck again any time, even though I'm out here on the west coast, not because he didn't make me pay up front but because he 'trusted' me.

Thanks, and if you guys order parts don't forget to open them and send Chuck his money. :2tu:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i tried to leave a message on chucks machine on a SUNDAY and he heard my voice and PICKED UP !!!

find me a dealership that the owner/viper tech/parts guy/customer service guy answers a phone and solves a problem on a SUNDAY and i'll send you $1.00

there's no place like tators.

Hostile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to hyjack this thread but just got a call from CHUCK that my
2006 Dodge 3500 just came in and passed delivery insp.This at 8:30
pm on good Friday,that is personal service!!!!

Skeeter :2tu:

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess it has all been said already on this post.......so........ :2tu: :2tu: :2tu: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: That how I feel about Tator's

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Long live THE WIZARD thanks for always being there for us and I have to call you about my warranty. Also what DEALER in the WORLD throw a BBQ and over 300 VIPERS show up....small I don't think so THE WIZARD is as BIGGER than they get. Adrian :nana: P.S And he drives a RED VIPER :D

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Long live THE WIZARD thanks for always being there for us and I have to call you about my warranty. Also what DEALER in the WORLD throw a BBQ and over 300 VIPERS show up....small I don't think so THE WIZARD is as BIGGER than they get. Adrian :nana: P.S And he drives a RED VIPER :D
I heard that Red Viper's are the fastest? ;)

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am proud and honored to have someone such as Tator represent our Dodge Vipers. He is truly a model of how every Viper owner wishes they could be treated.

I love our viper tech down here, but Chuck...keep setting an example for the rest of American Dodge Dealers :)

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before i new about the VCA or Tators dodge i tried to get parts from different dealers and none would ship to the UK never mind send parts then ask for payment....

You always get a get a better service from the smaller dealership you are not just a customer....

46hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice pics although you really should have got some from the "machine room". The place is awesome. ******** overhead leather belts that run all of these old machines. Its really cool.

I still cant believe no BBQ this year. Almost does not seem like Spring!

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still cant believe no BBQ this year. Almost does not seem like Spring!

[/QUOTE] There is a BBQ this year the NY/CT CLUB is throwing it on for Chuck this year. He can use a break the man works hard all year round. Please look on our website for date nyctvca.org Adrian

Flash Gordon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm leaving in an hour or so to pick up my car from the Wizard. Freshly serviced with all my new parts installed. It's sunny and 77 degrees here in NJ today. Oh yeah, and it's my birthday. Can it get any better than this?
While my car was with Chuck for the week, he practically called me daily to update me on the progress and to discuss anything unforeseen. Honesty and integrity seems to have been forgotten by the average business today. NOT CHUCK TATOR...
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm leaving in an hour or so to pick up my car from the Wizard. Freshly serviced with all my new parts installed. It's sunny and 77 degrees here in NJ today. Oh yeah, and it's my birthday. Can it get any better than this?
While my car was with Chuck for the week, he practically called me daily to update me on the progress and to discuss anything unforeseen. Honesty and integrity seems to have been forgotten by the average business today. NOT CHUCK TATOR...
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

You are right, that is about as good a day as it gets in my book!
Was your's the B/W with the blower?
Beautiful car. Someones going to have a fun ride back! :2tu:

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
those are the coolest pics i have ever seen! i had no idea! i was expecting something huge, modern and more gawdy.

the pictures remind me of images you would see in the 50's.

can we see more?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang