Thank you Apex Motorsports!

Will

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those of you who live outside of the Nor Cal region, Apex Motorsports in Santa Clara, CA was gracious enough to host a Dyno Day for the Viper community on 9/23. While I am not one to publicly express my enthusiasm over an event, I have to admit that Wayne and Bill at Apex threw one hell of a show! The early part of the day was spent dynoing cars, followed by a VERY NICE lunch spread, an informative show and tell session by Wayne and finally ending with a raffle (and yes, they actually had really good prizes and were giving away significant discounts on Viper mod upgrades). Overall, I was very impressed and fully entertained.

For owners, such as myself, who do not know a lot about cars, this event was extremely informative because Apex actually had parts openly displayed. Wayne had categorized Viper upgrade mods for induction, exhaust, engine, cooling, brakes, suspension, accessories, etc. displayed next to their stock counterpart. I found great value in the ability to see, touch and weigh the different components. This was also helpful in judging the overall quality of the parts’ craftsmanship.

I hope more VCA/vendor events will follow Apex’s lead.

I also want to give a big “thank you” to Vince (Apex’s Viper guru) for spending so much time dynoing everyones cars and answering everyones questions.

Nice job guys!

Will

BTW, congratulations Bill on the upcoming wedding.
smile.gif

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would also like to say a huge "Thank You" to the guys at APEX. The dyno day was great and I know it took a TON of work on your part to set everything up.

As Will mentioned, it was very informative to see all of the parts displayed alongside their stock counterparts. One of the most amazing differences I found were in the weights of our stock brake rotors vs. Stoptech rotors and Baer rotors. HUGE difference in unsprung weight.

The parts, the dyno, the lunch, the raffle, and the service...all great.

Thanks again.

-Matt

prodiver

VCA Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with the posts, it was a very informative and interesting day and good food to. I was sort of hoping they were going to raffel the Viper that was in the corner of the shop. I think Wayne wanted to but Bill wouldn't let him. They had great raffel prizes and did a great job with the whole thing. Thanks guys.

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT size="6">THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!</FONT s>
patriotx.gif
Our goal was to make the event both educational and fun. We were impressed with the strong showing from the NorCal VCA region. Over 30 Vipers attended the event, and over 40 members stayed the majority of the day!
cool.gif

Over the years, many of the Nor Cal VCA members expressed interest in being able to see, touch, and learn more about the various Viper upgrades. With over $35,000 of parts on display, we feel confident that people left with a greater understanding and appreciation for all of the fantastic enhancements that can be made to their cars.
We received very positive feedback about our NEW carbon fiber product line!
bounce.gif

Other than the 13 cars we strapped to the dyno, another highlight was the raffle with over $5000 in prizes and gifts. Our goal was to make sure that everyone walked away with something, and we had some great gifts to give away. In the end, everyone was a winner!

We will be posting pictures, results, and the raffle winners later on today!

I want to thank everyone who came out to support the event. It was a blast! We look forward to hosting other VCA events in the future.
usa-clear-s.gif

Regards,
Wayne (LTHL VPR)

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words, guys! It really helps to have such a good group of club members like the NorCal VCA! The day went really smoothly, thanks in part to our lead technician, Vince, and his ability to get the cars on and off the dyno efficiently.
I agree with what you all said--Wayne did a great job in the informational session regarding all the parts we offer. (We had a HUGE interest in our exclusive carbon fiber line, and we'll get pictures to you all shortly. They really are beautiful pieces!)
I also want to give a hearty "THANK YOU!" to our vendors! They were very generous to donate so many prizes to the raffle. It was pretty amazing to have more prizes than people! It's not often that with a crowd of over 40 people, most people received more than one prize. See?--It actually PAYS to come to APEX Motorsports events!!!
biggrin.gif

And for those of you who dynoed your car and/or want to be dynoed here in the future, don't forget that we keep all your past dyno runs on hand for comparison's sake.
Thanks, and see you all at the next VCA event!
usa-clear-s.gif