The best club.

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please bare with my raw writing skills, I will try to get the point across the best I can. Feel free to comment and add your own stories!

Viper guys are the best...or so it seems. I went out of town this weekend to Dallas, TX to tag along with my wife and as she was helping out a friend to plan a wedding. I gave a heads up to a fellow viper guy a week prior to let him know that I might be coming down. Well, I had only met Mike once before at a lunch that the local Dallas guys met me for the previous time my wife brought me up there. I give Mike a call this weekend to let him know I was in town and to see what, if anything was going on, he picked me up 45 minutes later and we ended up cruising around town. He then took me to some live music/carnaval event in the area and (me not carrying cash) paid my way the whole way through. A few hours later he dropped me back off to my wife (as she requested ;) ) and then invited her and I to there local club meeting that night. I found a way to go and he again came and picked me up and my wife and her friend followed us. When I arrived, he introduced me to some of the folks and didn't take off and leave me stranded. AS well, some of the folks from the previous time came and greeted me.

Now I know this MIGHT not seem like much, but as a community, I find the Viper owners to be very friendly, helpful, modest and fun group of folks that I have ever had the pleasure of being with. When my wife asked me how do you compare this to your old Mustang crowd, it was simple. The mustang crowd was a club...the viper crowd is a brotherine.

Thanks Mike for this weekend and thank you all for being so embracing to each other and making this community truly a wonderful experience to be a part of.

A big thanks to Phil, Dave W, Mike, Brian, Bryan, Bill, and numerous others!

Take care,
Ryan

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Similar experiences here. Well, all but the "modest" comment. :cool:

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Dallas bunch is a lot of fun..... To say they are "social" would be a huge understatment. Be sure to attend the annual tech seminar that they put on in conjunction with Rich Carlson of the Dallas DC Tech Center.

TOPGON

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ryan
I found the Dallas club to be very receptive to a new guy and in fact modest. The thing I am just taken by is the help you get on this site as well as the jabs you get every once in a while all in good fun. My wife asked me when I returned home what I thought of the Dallas Viper Club and like you I was really impressed the Corvette clubs have been good and enjoyable but the Viper crowd is more focused and that's good stuff. If you ever need a place to stay while in town you have my contact info. I too agree Mike couldn't have been more helpful he went out of his way to set me up with a great Viper tech. Good seeing you this weekend. Take Care
Bill

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I couldn't believe the difference between the Vette club and Viper club! Really shocking as in two years of Vette ownership, all I ever really saw were lazy cruises at the speed limit, requests for more donations to the Vette museum (this bunch of geezers and comb-overs sent every spare dollar in the club treasury to Bowling Green!), and one or two autocross invites. First Viper club meeting I attended netted carts racing, an invitation to an open track day, and free pizza (paid for by the VCA!)! :)

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big difference from Corvette Club to Viper Club. Most Corvette guys around here are garage queens. When you ask them how the clean or detail their car they are reluctant to say, competitive in a funny kind of way.

Viper Club- From VOI to local and regional events. I've had some of the best times, never laughed so hard in my life...and the open bars at VOI just compound the situation. Talk about informal, I get my chain yanked quite a bit around here. ;)

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Chicago IL/WIS VCA club is similar in experience too! This great group of people are VERY INCLUSIVE and Welcoming to both new owners as well as enthusiasts such as myself. I always enjoy learning new things at the get togethers or just feeling very much a part of this crowd. http://www.illinoisvipers.com

Check out their calendar with events coming up every two weeks!

Jay K.

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, the Viper group in General is one of the best groups of guys one could ask to be a part of.

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I completely know where you are coming from. For me, a 19 year old guy who has loved the Viper since '92 but is yet to be an owner, to be able to join up with the New England region and be treated the same as all of the owners has been a great experience. I have really enjoyed my previous year with the club and this season is shaping up to be just as great. I have made a multitude of connections and acquaintances that I would have never thought I could have made. The club was also a stepping stone in my getting started as an amature automotive photographer. Here's to the VCA!

Nick

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it's all about the snake and good company. i've had alot of help from the viper clubs and this forum.

Max

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I couldn't agree with you more Ryan. When I am with the Vette club, it is exactly as stated earlier, not fun.
However, whenever I hang out with the Viper guys, it is the definition of fun!!

Oh yeah, and I drive a Z06.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Minnesota club ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

met alot of good people, some will be friends for life.

Some of the guys on the websites, even go above and beyond, without knowing them!!!!! :eek: (you guys know who you are) :D

does it take a "certain" mentality to be a viper owner???
Why is this group of guys so much different than other clubs? Stand up and give yourselves a hand,,,,, WE ROCK!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery