The Interior is finished :)

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
And add 15K to the MSRP.
Or more.

LOL, not quite. You can have that kind of work done in the AFTERMARKET for 10K-ish for a 1-off. Now, if you build 1000 of those interiors, dont you think you can substantially lower those extra costs? Hell, I bet the aftermarket shop itself could cut that in half given 1000 orders!

And regardless, even if it was 15K more- I for one would GLADLY fork it over!

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be surprised if there are not quite a few SoCal VCA members frequenting the upholsterer in Chatsworth in the near future. Absolutely an artistic job, and what a classy look to the Snake. Seen alot of custom interiors on Vipers and this has to rank as one of the best -- congrats!!!

i second that Bill !

amazing job !:2tu:

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Makes me wish my viper was red so i could have an identical interior! Very Jealous, everything looks great!

I think that color looks good with blue. Maybe even better than with red... Go for it. I always liked the blue Vettes with the tan colored ragtop. I have seen blue cars with that color interior before and it looked fine.

GT-ER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is my first post, and I'm going to use it to say just how absolutely fantastic your interior looks. Simply amazing!

95BlackZ28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW. Amazing. I would've paid 10k over what I paid for my viper if the interior looked like this.

AllBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome job!

Question: For that in dash screen/navigation - is that a kit or is it custom? I'm wanting to put one in mine and dont know how to go about it, do I buy a different dash panel? or get one custom fab'd? Any help would be appreciated... thanks

OP
OP
J

Jay M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the kind words!

Awesome job!

Question: For that in dash screen/navigation - is that a kit or is it custom? I'm wanting to put one in mine and dont know how to go about it, do I buy a different dash panel? or get one custom fab'd? Any help would be appreciated... thanks

The dash was custom. The stock radio is shorter and wider than a double DIN unit. They needed to both the the dash panel for height, and fill the gap is the sides. I don't know the process, but and good Stereo shop can usually do that fabrication. Then they needed to paint it to match. Inside the dash they had to cut some non-essential plastic as well as some metal. I have them reinforce the area where they had to cut metal.

~Jay

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ralph Gilles, do you see this? This needs to go in the Gen V - or at least offer an interior package like this as an option.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beautiful beautiful interior. With an appropriate set of rims [19's or 20's all around] and a drop this would be one of the classiest all around Vipers Ive seen. Did you give any thought to maybe making the Ebrake boot tan leather to harmonize with the tan/black? Dont really want to do the handle as it will get that tan dirty quick. Maybe even the steering wheel with some tasteful tan trim or even the same black wheel but with tan stitching? Anyway again :2tu:

OP
OP
J

Jay M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beautiful beautiful interior. With an appropriate set of rims [19's or 20's all around] and a drop this would be one of the classiest all around Vipers Ive seen. Did you give any thought to maybe making the Ebrake boot tan leather to harmonize with the tan/black? Dont really want to do the handle as it will get that tan dirty quick. Maybe even the steering wheel with some tasteful tan trim or even the same black wheel but with tan stitching? Anyway again :2tu:

The interior guy did suggest making the shift boot and ebrake boot tan, but I prefered that it stay black. I think recovering the steering wheel would have been nice, but I would have wanted to keep it black and the cost would have been about $400. At some point you just need to say no to extras ;)

One little detail that the interior guy suggested that I really like is that on the tan leather, rather than use a stitching with a stark contrast, he used a thread that was only slightly darker than the leather. So it was just enough to be seen without looking too obvious.

Lucky for me, I kind of like the stock rims, so that's a few thousand I can save. :)

~Jay

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang