The Viper is Alive and Well

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We just had the National VCA officers meeting in Phoenix this past weekend in conjunction with the Russo & Steele, and Barrett-Jackson car auctions. We had representatives from all the regions and from Japan, Canada, and Switzerland! The meetings kick off the next year and the many events of the VCA for 2009. It's going to be a great year! We were also encouraged that the VCA and Chrysler are working hard together to further the impact of the Viper for years to come! We already know that we have a great car that people dream of owning, and that the car is respected all over the world! As a club, we are going to continue with the dialog so that world wide reputation goes on in the future! Don't sell out the Viper! It's still very strong, and we are doing all we can as a club to make it continue that strength for a long, long time!
I personally want to thank all the National Officers for their hard work, and their dedication to the Viper and the VCA. They put in a lot of long hours for all of us, and they are appreciated! Bob Carroll (National VCA Pres.) spoke at our luncheon at the Montero Restaurant at Barrett-Jackson and gave all of us hope for the Vipers continuing impact on the world with the technology that has been built into the car.
Be thankful that you belong to a car club that has direct communication with the manufacturer! That is unheard of in the car club world. Be assured that the VCA is looking out for your interests as-well-as the future of the Viper. We do have the GREATEST car club on the planet!

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good news! So, does this mean you're off of your Viper is dead after 2009 rant?

OP
OP
K

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's correct! Remember.....that was a bit tongue and cheek, and was intended to get others in the Viper Nation to contact Chrysler and let them know how much the viper has influenced their buying habits of other Chrysler/Dodge vehicles! Speaking of myself, I became a raging Mopar enthusiast after I bought my first Viper in 2000. Since then 4 trucks, 7 cars, and now (after my 94 was totaled!), an 05 Comm. Edition. I would say brand loyalty will have some kind of impact on the continuation of the Viper. I DON'T want the Viper to go away. Let's stick together and do what we can to continue to promote the Viper! It's still my favorite car on the planet, bar none!

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. In fact, because of the Viper I'm looking toward a Dodge for my next daily driver probably a Charger SRT. I seriously doubt I would pay attention to Dodge if it wasn't for the Viper. Looking forward to more 'cheering' from you! :D

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kenneth-
You said- "That's correct! Remember.....that was a bit tongue and cheek, and was intended to get others in the Viper Nation to contact Chrysler and let them know how much the viper has influenced their buying habits of other Chrysler/Dodge vehicles!"

Now I'm wondering if you and the officers discussed the best way we can all do that?
What's the path? The last path we had was removed!

PBR

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great to hear the VCA is going to bat to make sure Dodge understands that the impact of the Viper extends beyond just sales of Vipers.

However, cheerleading aside, did you receive any specific information regarding a definite commitment of Dodge to continue R & D and production of the Viper beyond the 2009 model year? :)

OP
OP
K

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's difficult to answer. Chrysler is very in tune to what we as Viper owners have to say about not only the Viper, but other Chrysler products! They are listening! All owners need to give them the things that they should listen to! Send letters with the same statement that many have made about the number of cars & trucks that they purchase because of owning a Viper. We all know that the bottom line is the car companies need to make a profit. The new Chrysler executives, as far as I could gather from the information given to us, are very happy with the Viper, and they need to see continuing Viper sales. Then, if they see the numbers that are influenced by the Viper, when it comes to the Viper owners car & truck buying habits......it's a win/win situation for both the consumer and Chrysler. This will influence them to a great degree! I hope that helps.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I have one suggestion to help keep Viper alive and well in the coming years. That suggestion is that all of us should do our best to try and attend the next VOI (if there is a next VOI) where ever it is. Even if it's in Detroit!

Once the new new owners spend some time with our group, provided we behave reasonably, we'll have Viper until it's legislated out of production.

Dan