THIS GUY TRIED TO SCAM ME THROUGH THE VIPER FORUM!!!

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have my nitrous kit for sale in the for sale section. This guy by the name of Theory Ramy emailed me. He said he wanted the kit. I was asking $1000 for everything. He said he would send me a cashiers check for $3000 and have me send the difference to his "shipper" with the kit. I instantly knew this must be a scam.

Who in the hell buys something for $1000 and send you $3000 for you to send $2000 back?? What an idiot. Anyway, I decided to play along. I wanted to see just how far this would go. So I said, sure I have no problem with that. Well two days later fed ex shows up with a check.
You must be registered for see images

I thought, wow this guy is serious. Well I quickly looked over the check and immediately noticed a few suspicious things. First off, the amount was hand written. Plus, none of the lines were perfectly straight, especially on the back. He asked me to take the check to a check cashing store. At first I was just going to throw it away but I decided to see, for sure, if the check was fake.

I took it to a place up the street and and asked them to cash it. They ran it through their check cashing system and it checked out!! They were about to hand me the cash when I told them. I don't have a very good feeling about this, could you super duper check that check for me please. A few minutes later the owner of the store walks in. He came over to see what was going on. He immediately was very suspicious of me. He asked why was I cashing the check. I told him that was what I was instructed to do. Then he started asking me all kinds of question and acted like I was the bad guy. He said there is no one in Savannah who will cash an out of state certified check like that. I said, "well your store was about to hand me the cash right before I requested a closer look!!" That shut his ass up.

Anyway I wound up calling the bank and they could not verify the check. I decided since this Ramy guy had wasted my time, now I am going to waste his time. I emailed him saying that I had cashed the check with no problem and I would be sending the ballance to him by western union. You should have seen him get all excited. I told him I was going to the local western union "right now" several times. Once I said they told me I needed two forms of ID to complete the transfer. THen I said the W.U. office closed before I could get over there.

I've turned it into a little game. If I don't email him, after a while the emails stop and my cell phone will not ring. Then I email him again telling him I am going to send the ballance and how I am so sorry it is taking so long. Right after that my phone starts ringing off of the hook and the emails start pouring in!! So predictable.

SO GUYS, PLEASE BE CAREFUL!!! THERE ARE A LOT OF IDIOTS IN THIS WORLD. PLEASE KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR THIS GUY!!!

OP
OP
G

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here he is squirming around:
-----------------------------------------------------------
Gary,

I am wondering why you weren't able to transfer the funds to my yesterday? You have prosponed this transfer twice and i won't like you to do that again cause it not favourable to my time. But willing to more patient with you till this morning, and i will call you by 10:00am as you've said and get the westernunion information from you or you can also send it directly to my shipper's email: [email protected] so that they can get it there faster.

I await your email soon.

Thanks

Theory Ramy..

OP
OP
G

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here he is again...
Hello Mr.Gary Javo good day, please obey your honor i just want to find out, if you were able to transfer the funds to the shipper yesterday since it was on probability to do it yesterday, but am sure today is assurable that you will provide me with the westenunion information if you sent the money to the shipper soon.

I will be waiting for your comprehensive cooperation to send the remaining money to the shipper through westernunion money transfer, after you've deducted all the spent rate for matter e.g (Westernunion Fees) .

Then also make sure the reciept and details for the wiring transfer is provided to me as soon as possible.

Thanks Enesily and God bless you.

Theory Ramy

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should have cashed it and not had them double check You would have gotten 3k for your troubles.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
tell him you are keeping the $3,000 and to go to hell and see what he says lol.

OP
OP
G

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
stugots,
Well I thought of that but you have to put your thumbprint on the check, and it could only get bad from there... then I would look like the scam artist.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ohh I dident't know about the thumb damm nevermind then. lol sorry im only 20 i deal with mostly all cash and sometimes a bank/atm card lol.

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
notice how the guy is only concerned about his cash refund and never mentions the nitrous system he just purchased. awesome post gary. keep this fish on the line.

OP
OP
G

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hejust emailed me...12:22pm 11.5.04
----------------------------------------------------------
HELLO GARY. THIS IS THE INFORMATION I WANT YOU TO GO AND AND SEND THE MONEY TO:

NAME.....FRED MARK
ADDRESS....147,VICTORIA ICELAND ROAD.
CITY........LAGOS
COUNTRY.....NIGERIA
ZIPCODE .....23401

JUST TAKE THIS INFORMATION TO ANY OF THOSE WESTERNUNION STORE AROUND YOU AND SEND
THE MONEY, AT ANY WESTERNUNION LOCATION THEY DON'T REQUEST FOR ACCOUNT INFO'S BUT
ONLY NAME AND ADDRESS OF WHOM AND WHERE TO SEND THE MONEY TO, AND THAT IS IT ABOVE
FOR YOU TO USE.

THEN BEFORE SENDING THE MONEY, YOU WILL BE ASK A QUESTION CALLED ( Text Question & Answer )
SO I WILL LIKE YOU TO USE THIS QUESTION FOR THE TRANSFER: WHAT IS SKY COLOR?
ANSWER:BLUE...

AND AFTER YOU TRANSFER THE FUNDS PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU GET BACK TO ME VIA EMAIL WITH THE WIRING INFORMATION SUCH AS:
1...SENDER NAME AND ADDRESS
2...RECIEVER NAME
3...AMOUNT SENT
4...CONTROL NUMBER
5...TEXT QUESTION & ANSWER

THAT'S ALL I WANT FROM YOU AS SOON AS YOU SENT THE FUNDS, AND YOU CAN EMAIL THIS INFORMATION TO MY SHIPPER VIA EMAIL.
THIS IS THE EMAIL ( [email protected] ) . IS NEW CAUSE THE FIRST SHIPPER HAS GONE TODAY BECAUSE YOU DELAYED THEM, SO THIS IS THE NEW SHIPPER WILLING TO COME FOR THE PICKUP FOR ME.

THANKS FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING
THEORY RAMY..

I am going to play along...

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
tell him your keeping his money and sending him nothing and see what he says because he still thinks you you cashed the check lol.

Ghetto2315

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ohh I dident't know about the thumb damm nevermind then. lol sorry im only 20 i deal with mostly all cash and sometimes a bank/atm card lol.

Your 20, own a heavily modded Viper and a heavily modded Stang GT, and only deal with cash / atm card? Did your daddy buy you all your nice toys for you? ;)

2FAST,

Keep it going :2tu:

OP
OP
G

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just emailed him again.
----------------------------------------------------
Theory,
I am heading over to the western union office right now. I have two forms of ID, and now I will be able to send you the ballance like we agreed. Please give me the name and account # that you want me to wire the ballance to. Thank you so much.
Gary Javo
-----------------------------------------------------
Hahaha, he is probably all excited. What an idiot.

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GARY,E-mail him that you were robbed on the way to the Western Union office and the robber said he will keep $1500 and send the balance to Nigeria.

AJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow. they are improving. the check looks legit, yet it is a fake (i am 100% positive on that).

since this is somewhat along my lines of duty, i will summarize the tell-tales:
you match 1 criteria of the ones below- the deal is 75% scam. you match two- it is 125% scam:

out of the us (seller or merchandise)
requires a specific escrow service
requires you to send back a difference check
involves wester union in any form or shape
bad english
messages ending with "awaiting your response/mail/answer/etc" (tells you they are romanians)
asks you for any personal info (god forbid ssn- this leads to instand credit fraud)
voip noise when talking to them on the phone (means redirected phone abroad)

what you can do is keep thinking of ways to make him send you stuff via fedex, etc. this way it costs them money... or come up with unexpected expenses (bank charges, fees, etc.) and make him pay...

just my 2 cents

alex
few cars

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary, Go with the need to request fees prior to sending the bulk amount,

Go with the idea of being robbed of ALL your funds and your watch stolen too just as you were about to get out of your car and send the payments to Nigeria.

Or how about some door to door religeous types convinced you to donate it to their church and you were 'easily' swayed to support their cause and thought that your mark would understand being that you donated the funds in HIS name,

Or that you lost it all in a 3 card Monty held outside of the Western Union office,

Or you just couldn't resist the taste of Girl Scout Cookies... you know the Thin Mints!,

Or it fell out of your wallet into the sewer grate on a curb and you didn't want to go to the police because you were afraid that the city sanitation dept or the police dept would steal part of the funds so you're coming back later with a coat hanger to see if you can fish the money out yourself.

Jay K.

Big Medicine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tell him you spent it on a rimmer-rammer for an allenbury seeder and that you can't wire any money until your brother's sister's cousin arrives tomorrow morning to furnish the ladels for the cough syrup, which you will be selling shortly in order to fulfill your obligations to him.

Awaiting your response.

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or that there was this 'Unbelieveable' price on a 50 Million inch HDTV that you had to have and... Sorry!

Or that you temporarily 'lent' it to a friend 'Just to get through the hard times'. ...But Don't worry, your friend promises to pay you back tomorrow

Jay K.

OP
OP
G

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HE JUST EMAILED ME BACK...
---------------------------------------------------------
In a message dated 11/5/2004 11:23:39 AM Pacific Standard Time, [email protected] writes:
Hello Mr. Javo. Just want to find out if you have transfered the remaining funds to my shipper. Please get back to me with the necessary information.

Thanks

Theory...

----------------------------------------------------------

OP
OP
G

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I emailed him back...
--------------------------------------------------------
Theory,
I just completed the transaction. It went through with no problem. Your shipper should have his money now. Thanks again for your patients. The amount is $1872.56.
Gary Javo
--------------------------------------------------------

I think when he comes back a couple more times, I will tell him to click on a link and it will bring him to this thread. He will see how many people have seen what he did and how much of a ******* he really is.

Boy, this is entertaining...

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should have cashed it and not had them double check You would have gotten 3k for your troubles.

ummmm what goes around comes around. why should check cashing place be out $3k? isnt that theft? at least he was honest and had them check it twice. honesty is the best thing in the world and thats what makes me feel good about myself. ive been scammed on ebay once for $2400 on paypal from a guy from switzerland and now the FBI is on his butt.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NO! Don't let him see this thread! Play it out. There's a whole website full of these scams and they tell you that you can scam the scam artist. The british are really good at this stuff. Ask him for $20 and a picture of him with his ****** painted with a red circle.LMAO

BJH1

Viper Owner
Reaction score

ummmm what goes around comes around. why should check cashing place be out $3k? isnt that theft? at least he was honest and had them check it twice. honesty is the best thing in the world and thats what makes me feel good about myself. ive been scammed on ebay once for $2400 on paypal from a guy from switzerland and now the FBI is on his butt.

Ditto, I was scammed on Ebay for $1,000. I felt like such an ass. It ate me up for weeks. The $1,000 was not as big a deal as the deviant taking advantage of me and spending my money. I pray his actions will catch up with him!

String this guy along as long as possible, cost him any monies you can. It's great to her about the tables being turned!

OP
OP
G

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He just emailed me back...
-------------------------------------------------------
Hello Gary Javo. I want you to give me the westernunion details such as :

Sender Name And Address

Reciever Name

Control Number

Text Question

Answer

Amount Sent..

Subject: Re: URGENTLY NEEDED
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 14:41:38 EST
-------------------------------------------------------

OP
OP
G

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ijust emailed him back...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Theory,
Did you get the money yet? You should have it by now. Once again, thank you so much for the speedy transaction.

SINCERELY,
Gary Javo
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is so much fun. Man he has to be pissed. He's probably thinking, "why didn't he send me the W.U. info like I asked?" Let's see what he comes back with...

Man I feel evil!