This is for everyone looking for that perfect garage floor

Scott M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just saw this on Motorweek and thought some of you may be interested. Check it out at http://www.motormat.com/ (Sorry if this doesn't work-out as a hyper-link).

Does anyone have any expereince with this stuff or heard anything about it? I really like the ways you can make paterns with it.

Vypr GT2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, that does look interesting- about $2.50 a square foot
and easily installed, according to the website...

Anyone have this installed already?

dtittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't it crazy to see John Purner's wheels everywhere you turn? Did any of you guys notice the wheel on the car? Looks awful familiar to me. Way to go John!

Regards, Tittle

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks like a nice idea but if you work on your car and it spews fluid it seems like it would be a real PITA to try and clean up. It looks like you have to pull up the entire floor to mop up your mess as it will fill all those tiny holes.

Matt

SCS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few years ago I installed a product that looks to be the same stuff in the janitorial area of a restaraunt I owned..

I had several problems with it..The pieces kept seperating and it was VERY difficult to keep the area clean..

May be o.k if used in a garage that you don't work in..If you spill something it's a real pain to clean it up as the mat tends to come apart when you take it up..I would stick with either tile or a good epoxy paint..As I recall it was fairly expensive..

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would throw that flooring out after one day of working on it. Whatever happened to painting the floor battleship grey with epoxy 2 part paint?

If you don't plan on working on your cars it looks pretty...

My engine stand and other shop tools would tear that floor up

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I picked up a cheapo solution at the local home improvement store (and have since seen them at Sam's Wholesale). They are large gray rubber mats with "channels" molded into them that keep water, fluids, etc. from spreading out. They come in a large roll and are pretty heavy. I think I paid around $150 each for them and saw them at Sam's for $119. I have had them for about six months and they seem to work pretty well. If anybody wants pictures, LMK.

Chris

Vypr GT2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris,

I'd like to see some pictures of them installed....

Did they come in other colors, too?

About how thick are they and do they stay more or less in place?

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll see if I can get some pictures tomorrow in the daylight. They show them in black on the packaging, and may have other colors as well. I have only seen the gray, but that was in just two stores. They are fairly thick - I am guessing 1/4 inch or better. They are a rubber mat, so they really don't slide much at all. Indeed, none of the three I use have even budged an inch. They are nice, as you can drag them out into the driveway without too much trouble and hose them off. They are also easy to sweep out without moving them for stuff like snow, slush, and other debris. The "channels" keep the gunk from spreading all over the place. Been doing that a lot lately...

Will post pics tomorrow!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc