Thoroughly Rewarding Upgrade

AHudson777

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently embarked on changing out my wimpy horns for the 'compact Italian' ones from Griots. When I yanked my front end, I cleaned up all that stuff (in another thread) and fitted the driving lens covers from earlier cars. Then, the Klearz side markers. All going well.

The Viper disease is a tough one to fight. Was about to take a road trip for our 25th anniversary in the Viper and realized my plugs and wires were the originals. 10 year old car, 16k miles, but still.

Got my new Champions. Old ones looked 'ok' but a couple had really large gaps, two had turned kinda white. Took my time installing new ones.

Got ABs wires (in red of course) and finished installing today. What SUPER quality parts. Again, did 30 minutes here, an hour there, cleaning up as I went, positioning wires, painting bolt heads from the heater box, all that.

Fired it up and man oh man. I had no idea the car had 'drifted' from perfect tune. Idle is way smoother, car 'feels' like it pulls better, but I know it runs better.

None of these things were big time jobs like a lot of you guys (I'm in awe at some) but for recreation, relaxation, and reward, this was great. Thanks for the instructive posts that helped.

Lovin the Viper.

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in Montgomery. Not many Vipers around here. Chip runs an active chapter in Huntsville though.

We try to get within 200 miles of everyone (large regional territory). And sometimes you have to drive like 99RT10 did last year (2500 miles for events attended).

Adams, come join us in 3 weeks. Help us hit 50+ Vipers this year for Tail of the Dragon :2tu:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in Montgomery. Not many Vipers around here. Chip runs an active chapter in Huntsville though.

Ahem! I think somebody tried to get another somebody to come out to the MMP track and race....................

No excuse about how a wedding(I think ;)) was more important...........

:D :D

OP
OP
A

AHudson777

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ahem! I think somebody tried to get another somebody to come out to the MMP track and race...................
No excuse about how a wedding(I think ;)) was more important...........

Oops. Somebody has WAY too good of a memory! You're right, but my absence from the wedding might've rendered me Viperless.

Odd thing, just had another car event (Barber Track Ferrari meet) I had to cancel due to a funeral. Maybe I DO need to reconsider the Tail O' The Dragon event.

Now, back to the post about how awesome my car is running and thanks to DamnYankee for the illustrated plug wire guide...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreatWhiteKAC