Thought this was cool

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some dew formed on the car @ work one evening and this is what happened. :headbang:

CIMG2874.JPG

CIMG2875.JPG

CIMG2876.JPG

LiquoRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We expect that in NY but not in Florida.

You must be registered for see images
[/IMG]

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw that on my GTS some 10 years ago on a misty Boston night. Unfortunately I didn't have a camera handy. Needless to say, I love that "sneaky" Pete.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I must be the resident ******* because I am trying to figure out how the image is on the hood?:dunno:

No, I have no idea either HOW this image appears with DEW on the car? (Guess because we never HAVE dew on the car, as it's garaged and doesn't sit out at night anywhere)...if anyone can explain this phenomenon?:dunno: THX! :eater: ~juli

davem

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The insulation inside your hood has that pattern in it. So it is thinner and more heat comes through the hood in that pattern.

-Dave

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The insulation inside your hood has that pattern in it. So it is thinner and more heat comes through the hood in that pattern.
-Dave

VERY cool...thank you for the explanation!:2tu: Have YOU personally experienced this in Maine? As it gets mighty cold up there!~~~juli

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Juli....The ONLY thing that even begins to save the grace of that chevy thing is the color....as we all know red IS the FASTEST color...:D:D:D:D:D:D

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Juli....The ONLY thing that even begins to save the grace of that chevy thing is the color....as we all know red IS the FASTEST color...:D:D:D:D:D:D

Oh Gosh, now we gotta get into the COLORS again, eyyyyyy????? If I had a preference, honestly...I woulda chosen BLACK for the '08 Vette...but we got such a great deal on the RED that we took it...have to say red has GROWN on me... for pure muscle, I say BLACK.
Yep, keeping you in suspense, Dave...that WAS a good question.............:eater::eater:
Thank you Mr. Robzilla~~:2tu:
Oh, gosh, now dodgefever is after me: LOL...Mike & I drive BOTH at times...have fun with each OTHER in fact!! There is no 'letting' going on in this household :nono:~mutual respect. ~juli

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree to disagree...never thought the front fascias looked similar, but I WILL say that the GTS IS the epitome of Vipers. ~juli

You are right, and I know there are many other differences once you get to take a second and look. But, I know when I'm on the highway and one or the other of those is coming at me at 60+ MPH, it takes a second or two for me to see whether it's a Viper or 'Vette.
I'm not saying it's a bad thing. If anything, I think it's kind of cool they have both evolved their seperate ways, into this form which both manufacturers feel is the ultimate car shape. You probably know subtle differences between the two that allow you to recognize one over the other faster than I would.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are right, and I know there are many other differences once you get to take a second and look. But, I know when I'm on the highway and one or the other of those is coming at me at 60+ MPH, it takes a second or two for me to see whether it's a Viper or 'Vette.
I'm not saying it's a bad thing. If anything, I think it's kind of cool they have both evolved their seperate ways, into this form which both manufacturers feel is the ultimate car shape. You probably know subtle differences between the two that allow you to recognize one over the other faster than I would.

Well, this '08 is a regular 'vette, not a z06, so with the Z06 you have the front air scoop, so I can see if someone gets confused at a distance with the Z06 anyway, against the Viper coming...and as you say, the closer they get, you can tell from the front fascia-grille/the front haunches of the Viper being more prominent. I don't think it's a bad thing either, as it's obvious that Chevy feels the Viper's shape IS prominent!!! I have heard from many that they confuse the Vette with the Viper...but that's mostly the Z06's (which we have had before). Thank you for the honest discussion...nice to have here! :2tu: ~juli

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32