RB
:usa:

OP
OP
R

RMBSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much are 5 spoke rims? That is going to add to my pruchase price...

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Worry about that later. Get whatever wheels are on it, lots of options out there.

The Sidewinder wheels go for $3000, the others $5k I think.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Worry about that later. Get whatever wheels are on it, lots of options out there.

The Sidewinder wheels go for $3000, the others $5k I think.

I dont understand why the 5 spoke wheels add more to the price, when the 10 spokes actually cost more (going by what Jon has said).

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome price on the car. Re: wheels, If you don't feel the need to keep the ones that come with the car, you can easily count on a few grand coming in on the sale of those. Always someone out there looking for the latest version of factory wheels.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
10 spokes cost more to replace from dodge/mopar

if you want SRT-Sidewinders buy them from PartsRack he'll hook you up with the awesome price on them

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This pricing may well be 'common' by next spring for brand new coupes still in dealer inventory...

-J

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been offered the following...

Black / Silver Viper Coupe
Standard Wheels
1000 miles
$67k

The car is in great condition.

Just looking for your opinion...

RB
:usa:

Yeah, but it is still used (you will be 2nd owner) and it is on a color combo that dodge is giving huge discounts on. So.. do what you want with that data.

BTW, I know its Palmer Dodge selling it, because another Viper owner asked my thoughts on it. And I think its a better deal then the gen 2 they are trying to sell.

FYI. I dont know WHY Dodge charges more, but they do for the 5 spokes and the H's if you OPTION them on your car ($600 option), which doesnt make a ton of sense, since like eveyone says, the stock ones actually cost more to replace if you have to buy them through mopar!!

Jon

Scott_in_FL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
...and it is on a color combo that dodge is giving huge discounts on. So.. do what you want with that data.

That may be, but I think you're going to find that there are far fewer black/silver coupes on this board, for sale on eBay, or anywhere else for that matter than there are other colors like blue. In fact, I believe this topic has been addressed and the consensus is that there are less than 100 black coupes and perhaps 36 of those are black/silver cars. That would make it more rare than any of the special edition cars.

Final numbers should be out very soon and if the foregoing is accurate, and there are huge deals on the color (which is one of the best imo), it's a no-brainer. Hell, at that price, it's a no-brainer even without the numbers.

OP
OP
R

RMBSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found a second black / silver with 776 miles and the H spoke rims for 67k. It seems the new Vipers take a $10k "hit" after only 1k miles. Why?

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just like all other cars these days. After that, they will hold pretty well though.

You might want to pick one of those up quickly, I am sure they won't last long.

Heck, there's another guy here looking for one!

Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper itself with regular pricing is already Bang for the Buck as compare to cars like Ferrari F430 or Lambo Gallardo. The reason I say this is because I truly believe the Viper is in the same league as the Ferrari F430 or the Gallardo. Now with this kind of savings, you should just go for it and start enjoying the wonderful magic of a Viper!!!

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
While a decent deal, there are people buying new ones for that price or VERY close to it. A new one makes you its ONLY first owner and provides a transferable warranty should you decide to sell it.

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
While a decent deal, there are people buying new ones for that price or VERY close to it. A new one makes you its ONLY first owner and provides a transferable warranty should you decide to sell it.

Haven't seen a new coupe anywhere for near that price, or as you said AT THAT PRICE or very close to it. There have been some SRT's below 70k...and some NON-STRIPED coupes at 73 I think...but not a striped coupe...unless I have missed them. Keep in mind that a striped Coupe invoices at 83k...and some colors had 5k back of that. Take off the holdback of 2800...and you would have a true dealer cost of about 75k...with them making 0. Now if someone is in real Dire Straits...they may take a loss. But with the inventory of Coupes diminishing, not likely. Please elaborate, thanks.

Scott_in_FL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It seems the new Vipers take a $10k "hit" after only 1k miles. Why?

Maybe you've never heard, but ALL new car owners take an approx. 20% hit as soon as they drive off the dealer's lot. The Viper is no different than a Honda Accord, Ford F-150, BMW M5, you name it. That's the premium you pay to take the plastic off the seats, enjoy the new car smell, break in the engine and wash it/detail it the first time in your own anal fashion. Deep down, everyone loves those and all of the other experiences that come with new car purchases.