Time has come

shifter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just wanted to thank all of you for all the help, advise, and great reading you have given me over the last few years. Though it is still the most interesting car I've ever owned, I decided to sell my Viper and move onto another experience with automobiles.

I have the last few items on e-bay if anyone is interested: pads, rotors, roe fire extinguisher, Magic Carpet DVD, Old Viper mags, fan, and some stereo equipment. Ebay seller ID is Jtavi, find one item and hit 'View sellers other auctions' for the rest. (Shameless plug, I know)

The knowledge and entertainment this site has provided was wonderful. From the repeated wax wars, including how to apply 47 coats of Zaino in one weekend, to multiple Chuck sitings in multiple Vipers seemingly simultaneously and him having the miles to prove it, to the Pre-release GEN III hype/concern and eventual trauma. I had such a great ownership experience, and this site had a huge part to play in that. Hard to imagine the depth of my experience if this site didn't exist. Take care, be safe, enjoy life. Arrivederci.

chickenwarrior

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Was all of your stereo equipment for sell mounted in the Viper? In particuliar, were the speakers and subs in the Viper and if so did you have to make any modifications???

OP
OP
S

shifter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was all of your stereo equipment for sell mounted in the Viper? In particuliar, were the speakers and subs in the Viper and if so did you have to make any modifications???

Dearest Chickenwarrior,

Yes, the stereo equipment was mounted in my Viper Roadster. No, No modifications were necessary at all.

To be completely honest, there was a difference in stereo performance, but perhaps not worth what I paid to get it. Bass was still insignificant. Great sound - earblowing sound - from the MB Quart door speakers, but without bass it really didn't have the effect I was looking for. The single 6.5" sub just couldn't deliver, and sub boxes were out of the question for me.

I wrote some detailed posts about the set-up, if you search the archives under my ID (Shifter), with the conclusion that for what I paid the difference wasn't worth it.

Best of luck.

OP
OP
S

shifter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are you gonna be in next?

We bought a 2003 Maserati Spyder. Hope I don't smell the wolves coming... BUT, the GEN III Vipers weren't for me... I must keep with a no cup holder car. :smirk:

It's getting tougher, leaving only a 355, Maserati Spyder, and TVR in contention considering 'affordable' high performance with hint of luxury, no cupholder, and a presence as unique as the GEN I and II Vipers.

The Maserati has more than a hint of luxury, I'll admit, and performance dwarfed by my Viper, but it is still an awe inspiring car, technically. F1 transmission is really growing on me, and I was a manual clutch purist who cried when my wife forced the issue into a make or break, but I'm glad I gave in.

I'll always have a place in my heart and the garage for a Viper when I reach a financial status that allows multiple playtime vehicles. For now, I plan to rotate and experience.