Tire Inflation Kit?

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've ditched my runflats.

Anyone know of a decent tire inflation kit I could keep in my trunk for emergencies?

I've heard of tire inflation kits but never actually seen or used one.

JB/SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the best sealant that I have found. As a preventive, I keep this in my ranch truck tires, and can run over mesquite thorns and not get a flat.

As a repair kit, just keep it in your trunk for that special event. "Green slime" is the name. Comes in a repair kit complete with compressor for all of $20.00 at O'reilly Auto parts.

http://www.slimesealant.com/smartspairs/index.php

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Griots also has a small compressor that I've had in my trunk for a couple of years. Used it only once on a friends Viper. I dumped the run flats too.

The new car is coming with PS2's so Mopar may do something for it.

Dan

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Johnk is so correct. just switching over to the OEM size tire in a non run flat like the Michelin Pilot Sport makes a huge difference in the ride and handling of the Viper. They change the whole attitude of the car for the better.

gtsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also dumped the run flats and am running 20" P Zeros. I feel at risk without protection for a flat. I have a compressor kit in my M6 as there is no spare and it doesn't have runflats from the factory. That's what Dodge is doing on the 08 and I'm curious to see what compressor and sealing system they choose.

TBarrow

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had posted this before but the ContiKit that is listed above is in the Ford GT and the Chevy SSR as std. equipment since a spare is not available. I was told that the Vette had the same but have not seen it.

vinny2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
conticomfort link gives a fitment chart, which indicates 19" 345 size tires will not work with kit. anyone know if this is the case, or is that just a "guide"?

Don Hiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Johnk is so correct. just switching over to the OEM size tire in a non run flat like the Michelin Pilot Sport makes a huge difference in the ride and handling of the Viper. They change the whole attitude of the car for the better.

I've just had my third set of rear run flats installed. They're slightly more expensive, but that doesn't bother me as much as the apparent reduced mileage.
I expected 18-20K miles, as I used to get with my GEN I. This last set of run flats were down to the wear bars at 12.5K miles. Is this typical, or is it just an abberation?

Don